Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Splitboard SOCAL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:46 pm 

Hello All,

I'm new to the area, originally my BC experience has been limited to the Tahoe region, and little bit in the High Sierra. I'm in San Diego btw.

I was wondering if anyone is down to go split boarding with me on the weekends. I hear there is some decent stuff down here. I was actually thinking about getting a Baldy pass <$200 and use that as a take off point for the neighboring mountains.

I'm also down to go up to the High Sierras almost any weekend. There's a lot of Mountains out there I'd like to tackle, and hopefully Langley one day. Mt. Basin. Mt. Tom, Mammoth Crest....

But down here I hear Mt. San Jacinto is one for the books. Anyway I'd love to go exploring down here, or go with someone with some knowledge of the area.

Hopefully some fellow alpine tourist will respond. I'm not sure if it is illegal to leave my email and phone so I won't do it until I know it's ok

Post subject: Re: Splitboard SOCAL
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 am 

you find anyone yet? check out this resource

https://www.facebook.com/pages/So-Cal-S ... 5145689320

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 am 

kickerlicker wrote:
Hello All,

I'm new to the area, originally my BC experience has been limited to the Tahoe region, and little bit in the High Sierra. I'm in San Diego btw.

I was wondering if anyone is down to go split boarding with me on the weekends. I hear there is some decent stuff down here. I was actually thinking about getting a Baldy pass <$200 and use that as a take off point for the neighboring mountains.

I'm also down to go up to the High Sierras almost any weekend. There's a lot of Mountains out there I'd like to tackle, and hopefully Langley one day. Mt. Basin. Mt. Tom, Mammoth Crest....

But down here I hear Mt. San Jacinto is one for the books. Anyway I'd love to go exploring down here, or go with someone with some knowledge of the area.

Hopefully some fellow alpine tourist will respond. I'm not sure if it is illegal to leave my email and phone so I won't do it until I know it's ok

I'm also considering picking up the Baldy pass for next year, either as a start off point, or, for use on storm days...if they run. Anyone else do this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:56 pm 

Ive been hitting Baldy for a while now and i'd say on average theres 2-3 sick days a year. $200 sounds a little risky to me. This year I got a pass for $69 which I thought would be "risk-free" but low and behold it didn't turn on for a single day (yet?). Didnt go last year either. Not sure if ill commit to a pass again, its too much of a gamble around here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 pm 

Just came across this and thought I would chime in.

There is a few of us that have spent some time out getting after it this past winter here in socal(san g, baldy, etc)/sierras, all rad folks with safety first mind sets. Always up for growing the group and having some good fun in the mtns!

Lets get after it this next winter!

Christian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 pm 

schradec wrote:
Just came across this and thought I would chime in.

There is a few of us that have spent some time out getting after it this past winter here in socal(san g, baldy, etc)/sierras, all rad folks with safety first mind sets. Always up for growing the group and having some good fun in the mtns!

Lets get after it this next winter!

Christian

Location?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:47 am 

I'm in so cal and regularly split during the season. I mostly ride the San Gabriel mountains but I'm wanting to get more ranges in. For the past few years I've been hiking on my own, but I need a buddy(ies) to get into some situations.

I live in the IE, and shred at least 4 days a week.

Do you guys have any safety equipment? I currently have my shovel, probe, beacon, and currently working on gettin an avalung.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:22 pm 

Early season stoke.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:45 pm 

I was in Mammoth last weekend and unfortunately the BC has a ways to go :cry:

I live in SD and ride the Eastside frequently, picked up my June pass last weekend.

Always looking for heads to share in ridiculously priced petroleum products and don't mind driving :doobie:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 am 

Low tide rock board testing Sat in the crest. Anyone else going?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:56 am 

Wilson Webcam shows nothing at Twin Peaks. Waterman is shrouded in clouds. That means (on this side of the San Gab's) still dry up to 7500'.
Anybody have beta on Baldy or Baden Powell?

Unless the snowline moves down significantly tonight, bring your mountain bike.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:28 pm 

Snow is great on NW aspects above 8,500'. I hiked Throop this morning and plan to do laps on the upper parts of Baden Powell tomorrow.