Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Vermont Splitters! (Stowe area)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 pm 

Just relocated back to the Northeast via Colorado and hoping to find some folks to partner up with on some local split adventures. I'm from the NH originally so I'm pretty stoked to be back in New England and check out some zones in this area I've yet to explore. I'll have a fair bit of mid-week availability and some weekends too. Let's rock...

Post subject: Re: Hey Vermont Splitters! (Stowe area)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 am 

I'm not local to you, but depending on conditions, I plan on heading up that direction. Week days will be limited to deep days, mostly "sick" days (as in call out of work), but weekends will be free. I'm an ex-pacnw rider, all avy gear, etc. but originally from the east and I know the resorts up there really well but never ventured into the bc. Headed to Silverton this winter too..

Anyway, I'm up for exploring up there if you're looking for someone. I'll spend a lot of time in the whites too since I've got a place to crash in Thornton.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 am 

Sweet. I'm up for exploring the Whites too--I get over to Sunday River on occassion and from here that takes me right through the Whites (kinda). Around here, I'm still a total noob, although I hear there are some nuggets to be found.

Silverton...that place got the best of me and I never even made it there. Every trip I had planned down there while I lived in CO was shut down because of all things, too much snow.

Any other locs, holla. I know you're out there...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm 

I'm new to the splitboards but have been hiking with snowshoes for a few years and finally made the jump into the split world. I'm from Pittsfield, VT and willing to travel a bit to do some splitting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm 

I am from new jersey, and splitboarding is on my bucket list of hobbies. I have a good amount of backpacking experience and 14 years of snowboarding. I am always up for learning something new. Ive been dying to pick up some split gear, but with my location in jersey I have been hesitant to make the jump. My weekends are free and I can drive up friday night with some advance planning.

-mike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm 

Hey Guy's year 2 splitter here. been hike on snow shoes for a while and made the plunge last year. i've never been more stoked to be a snowboarder! This stuff keeps getting better and better...cool shapes, tons of maistream companies gettin in, systems goin for under a grand! everyone should get a split and change the way they look at the same old hill that get played out. I live in southern Vt and have been somewhat complacant with the resort and the lack of solitude. Okemo is not known as a very steep hill, but it provides a training ground for me to test my fitness as well as my skill in change over times. I work in a shop in Ludlow and have tons of opertunities for short hike/rides. I'm in charge of the service dept at Northern Ski Works, and i'm proud to say we are one of the only shops in the area that have tuned splitboards. With the shitty snow pack last year i hit tons of stuff and have made some core shot repairs and ground the base serveral times now. I'm up for some missions when the real thing comes our way! till then, keep getting stronger! K.C. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm 

im from the south shore of MA but am down to travel on weekends to different spots all over new england. i used to live in utah and have a full backcountry set up and have splitboard and snow shoes for getting around. i really dont know any spots other than around mt washington in new hampshire and hear amazing things about the side country at bolton valley. if you guys know any tour i am down to share intel as i get it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:25 pm 

Hi there, I made my splitboard last year but was only able to use it once due to the bad conditions.

I'll be out in Mount Snow area 12/29-1/2 with my board and couple of people with touring skis so we would be happy to hook up with someone in the area.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 am 

I live a few hours away from Stowe. Would definitely be interested in touring if people are organizing a group. Have been snowboarding 14 years, just started splitting this summer with a couple tours on Muir Snowfield. I have a full set up and am doing my Avie Level 1 course in a couple weeks (which means some touring in the Tetons! Stoked!)