Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whistler area/lower BC mainland split partner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:58 pm 

Lost one of my main partners this year (to a job...) and looking to have some contacts to call up for trips. Mainly weekends, but I'll take occasional weekdays off as well. Been hiking the backcountry for years and splitting for a couple years, mostly Whistler/Duffey/Callaghan. Have my AST1. Looking to do my AST2 this year. Also just bought an ABS pack.

I'm up for just about anything. I would like to take on some more advanced lines this year, potentially requiring ropes, ice axes, etc. and I have about a decade of trad rock climbing experience. But again, I'm up for easier, lower impact trips as well.

Some of my ticklist for the year: Spearhead in a day (did it in 2 last year; this would be later season), Garibaldi Neve, Mt Matier, Aussie Couloir, Fissile, Pattison.

Andrew.

Post subject: Re: Whistler area/lower BC mainland split partner
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:56 am 

29 views and no responses, thats strange.

I'm always looking for more people.
PM sent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:09 am 

Same here. always looking for more partner. I live in Whistler. Most of my last year shred partners are gone to others ski town or coming back mid season. Looking to get up there as soon as possible. Check out the new snow. I'm open to most stuff from gnarly to super mellow. day trip to winter camping in a snowcave and freeze my ass off... Prefer to stay on mellow terrain first time out with new partner.
This is where i've been riding last year : duffy lakes, fissile, sproat, spearhead traverse
you can email me at dew3000@msn.com
cheers! :guinness:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 pm 

I too am up for some tours. I've spent the last 2 winters in the coastals looking for consistent split partners.

PM sent to Andrew.

Jason

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:52 am 

I'm going to be in Whistler from January until the beginning of April - I'm not working so am available pretty much every day.

I'm a split and back country novice. I've just bought my first splitboard & am keen to learn. I plan on doing an AST1 course in January.

So, if anyone wants a partner for some easy day trips then I'm your man.

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm 

Hello, I'm in Vancouver (downtown). Have completed AST1. I work Mon-Fri but try to ride on weekends as much as possible. Last year was my first year in the back country so I'll be leaning towards mellow adventures/day trips this year... but I'm a fairly advanced rider, so steeper stuff won't necessarily send me running away either.

However I don't currently have a car, so I am limited to locations that the Greyhound bus goes to (generally Whistler village). If you're planning any trips starting from Whistler village or if I can bum a ride with you from Whistler in the morning (will pitch gas money, of course), then let me know and I'll probably join you!

You guys can e-mail me at: mighty(dot)hp(dot)sauce(at)gmail(dot)com

Just put something obvious like "splitboard" or "splitboard trip" in the subject line... so I don't automatically assume the e-mail is junk & delete it.

Cheers.
-hps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm also looking to get into splitting this season, I have yet to get myself a board and complete my AST1, but I will be ready to roll with both by mid-January. I'm thinking of getting a Jones Solution, seems like the best board for my buck.

I'm a strong rider, I've been snowboarding for many years and I can keep up with pretty much anyone.

This winter season I'm working in Vancouver(co-op) and I do have a car with brand new winter tires, so getting up to Whistler is not an issue. I'd like to find some people who know the area.

email me at : hatmatter@gmail.com

Lets get out there!

_Sven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 pm 

Hey guys. Figured I'd throw my name in ring. Did AST-1 last year and suffered through the year on snowshoes until picking up a splitty towards the end of the year. Stuck mostly to Whistler and Blackcomb sidecountry last year (decker, spearhead, cowboy, singing pass).
I'll be mostly weekends and looking to hit Whistler/Duffy/Coquihalla/Baker depending on conditions. Definitely open to some longer trips this year and have a few goals in mind already.
I also have wheels so no issue there. If anyone wants to partner up just fire me a PM!

Cheers,

Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm 

Also going to add my name to the mix!

I have spent two awesome seasons living in Whistler and now down in Van with a recently purchased backcountry setup (splitboard, probe, beacon, shovel etc.) and a maddening desire to ride fresh pow. I have done a few days slack-country around Whistler with the basic training but still need to complete my AST 1 which I plan on doing in mid December. So essentially after Christmas I will be game for weekend day trips and overnight trips after getting a bit more comfortable with splitboarding (I work Mon - Fri).

In terms of terrain I would like to ride as steep and as challenging as the conditions will allow on the day in question. I am happy to ride both lift served side-country and true backcountry. I dont have a car but gas money money and an appreciation beer will always be presented! Otherwise I am happy to use Greyhound as need.

If anyone whats to know more or get my details please just send me a PM. Other wise I will lay low until I January and I'll start pestering you all then.

Take it easy,

David

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:03 pm 

I just moved back to Van from Seattle. Looking for touring partners. I have avy gear and my level 1 avy course. Looking to get out on the North Shore, Sea-to-Sky area, Whistler and Baker backcountry.
I've got about 10-15 days touring under my belt, up for almost any terrain if the conditions are suitable, definitely up for mellow tours too.
Have a Front-wheel drive car with snow tires, so it's okay for accessing a lot of places but not so much deep snow/mud access.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm 

I'm game too, if we are compiling a list. Im moving back to the coast this season from the kootenays, and all my coast friends are skiers. Would love to join some mellow trips! I drive a truck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm 

I will toss my name on the list as well. I'm living in the langley area and have an SUV with snow tires. I've done week long trips into the kootenays for the past three years with borrowed gear. Got my setup now, and taking my ast-1 at the beginning of december.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:10 pm 

I set up a Facebook group that might help us all link up for finding partners etc. Checking the sb.com Forums/PMs is a bit of a hassle, it seems like an FB group worked well in other cities so maybe we can give it a try? It's open to join and add anyone you think is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VancouverSplitboard/