Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Newbies unite SEATTLE area

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Newbies unite SEATTLE area
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:43 am 

The snow is getting scarce below 7000. You may want to head up early and plan of heading to muir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:07 am 

Thats a possibility. Is there anywhere else you would recommend that might be better for the stated purpose?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 am 

Hey Seattle newbs, who's planning on taking a Level 1 avy course next season? I'm looking at taking the 3 day AAI Baker class in December or January.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am 

I am definitely going to take a class, but I have not decided exactly where or when. Maybe we could get a discount if we got enough people involved?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am 

^^I doubt we could work a discount. The classes usually fill up regardless, so there's really no incentive to giving a group discount. Guess I'd be worth a shot though. I'm definitely going through AAI though, I've heard good things about that class. Plus you get in the field in the Baker BC.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm 

how do i find out when and where the avy classes are held in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

165 Voile Artisan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:08 am 

Epicpow wrote:
how do i find out when and where the avy classes are held in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

Go to NWAC.us and click the drop down menu on the top left corner titled "Education." Under that click the link titled "Education Providers." that will give you a huge list of education sources that most provide classes. NWAC is your friend, get to know it well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 am 

Bump.....anyone else looking to take a Level 1 avy class this winter? I'm looking to take one sometime in late December or early January, it'd be cool to meet up with some local members and take a class.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am 

Yeah im gonna takr one so we could plan ahead of time

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 am 

d.benton_alabama wrote:
Yeah im gonna takr one so we could plan ahead of time

I'll keep you in the loop. I think we're looking at taking the AAI course out of Bellingham/Baker on December 14th-16th.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 pm 

That could work for me i will have to take holiday leave though but i need to do it... Have you already registered?

Karakoram SL30's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:15 pm 

I just moved to Bellingham, from Pittsburgh... Just got my Baker season pass, and plan on taking my AAI there as well... No Splitboard yet, but I have that in the works, but I'm trying to be patient as I don't want to be tempted to go out before I know how to be a bit safer, and I definitely don't want to go out alone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 am 

Aloha, another bc newb in da ham, gear's ready just waiting for flakes and a level 1 is on the list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next