Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ontario splitters
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:15 am 

hey everyone my name is tyler and i live in barrie ontario iam looking for touring partners to go out with into backcountry glades of the niagra escarpment i have lots of experience in the area of the terrain but now that i have a splitboard i can access more then just slowshoeing

please post if interested

Post subject: Re: Ontario splitters
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:57 pm 

hey reply if your in the ontario area so we can start setting up contacts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:29 am 

Yo! I'm here in Toronto (for the time being) and ready to rip. Where on the escarpment do you go, and what is the vertical there? I think blue mountain is 700', if you know of any glades with similar relief around here, that would be awesome! Steve norriegga@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 am 

hey steve this is awesome i found someone in ontario. the areas that i have found have a vertical between 500'(closer to barrie) -700' when u get closer to the collingwood area. Are you in the toronto area for long (like the season). these areas have sick glades not crowded by brush the trees a a nice distance apart and there are a few cliff drops and chutes to ride my email t_trecak@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 am 

I live in fernie now, but grew up in collingwood. Ive always thought that up at the 3stage mountain biking trails there are some pretty fun areas that could be gladed for some quick yo yo laps. I haven't been back during the winter in a number of years so I haven't been able to test it out though, the bike trails would provide pretty straightforward easy grade paths for skin tracks as well. I'm interested to hear what you guys can find there or in other areas of the escarpment. I think there is a lot of potential out there

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:33 pm 

This past season was crazy. so much snow for east coast felt like the good ol days of winter but anyways this made for the sickest riding it opened up alot more steeper bigger challenging terrian since everything (trees stumps rocks)got covered by a nice base and it just kept snowing all over the province couldnt have had a better season on my splitboard so far. i spent 90% of my free days riding fresh un tracked pow off in the bush and i work at a resort! Couldnt be happier :) hopefully next season brings more snow friends and adventures