Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BC Interior splitters ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm 

Hey there !! I'm Jonny and i live in Kelowna. I'm looking for splitboarding partners in the interior of British Columbia. I'm in my late twenties and i've been snowboarding for almost 20 years. I have my a.s.t. level 1 and all my avy gear and i'm thinking about getting my level 2 this coming winter. I'm new to splitboarding but i did spend a lot of time in the backcountry only on snowshoes, about time i make the transition to a split lol. I used to ski so i'm sure i'll pick it up pretty quick. Places i'm hoping to ride this year: Rogers & Kootenay pass, Revelstoke, Rossland, Nelson, Squamish, Mt Baker, Blue River,Coquihalla and in the Okanagan. I'm also couch surfer friendly so if you're coming my way you're more than welcome to crash on my couch. I'm an amateur photographer and usually bring my dslr with me so you can expect a couple nice shots in return. PM me for more details. Cheers

Jonny

Post subject: Re: BC Interior splitters ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 pm 

Hey Johnny, I am in Kamloops. This is going to be my first year on a split but will have a number of touring days and my ski operators Avalanche 1 course by mid January. I am at Thompson Rivers University in the Adventure Guide Diploma program, so I will have lots of days on my split by the end of the season, but would love to get out with different people in different areas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:22 pm 

Hey Jonny how you doing bud? I'm over in the Rossland area and love to hang out with more splitters! Been splitting there for 4 years, living 6, and getting to the knowe the area quite well. Gonna be spending all my time up at kootenay pass this winter. so let's shred!!!

Boots: Salomon Malamutes
SnowSurf Pads: Almond MFG.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm 

Sounds good guys !! Keep in touch, im praying for a lot of snow cause i can't wait

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:57 pm 

Made the move to Rossland this year and likely to be splitting most of my time between the local terrain & Kootenay Pass, as well as the odd trip further north to Revy/Rogers/Golden (pondering an early season mission up that way anyways...).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:00 pm 

I'm a vancouver island dweller, but used to live in Nelson - I'll be back there for a few weeks in January,probably looking for people to tour with ;]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm 

Good news: got my new splitboard yesterday and its snowing on Rogers Pass so hopefully next weekend is good to go. The road for the gorge in Malakwa is suppose to be plowed til Christmas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:02 pm 

I'm in Kelowna here as well. Make a couple of trips up to Rogers Pass, Malakwa and Rossland each year. Got a.s.t 1 and plenty of gear. Willing to venture around. Let me know if you need a sidekick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:56 pm 

i'm out there every weekend unless avalanche danger is rated high. Been out 5 times already, trying to ride Malakwa as much as i can before they stop plowing the road.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:29 pm 

Hey guys... I live in Nelson and am wondering if anyone is interested in heading to Rogers Pass next weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:50 am 

hmmm maybe. Just got stitches on my leg, will see how its going to be next weekend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:29 pm 

If anyone in the Kelowna area needs a trip partner for weekend missions I'd be glad to join. I no longer have 4x4 access to Malakwa or similar areas. Strong rider, I have all my gear, fair amount of experience. Willing to pitch for gas. Let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm 

Hey, I am in Kamloops and always looking for more splitboard partners to hit rogers pass, duffy lk, Coq, or where ever.
Was planning on going to Revy/Rogers this weekend but my ride bailed so I am SOL right now.

Tread light, Shred hard