Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
I'd like to do Helens the 18th/19th if anyone is looking for weekend partners... I also have a WA SPP and a color copier at work and am happy to pass out copies to my OR homies!

Mike send me your mailing address and I'll mail you one if you like...

I'd like to hit st helens next weekend. Gonna keep an eye on the conditions..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 am 

mofoco wrote:
We need to do a Chocolate Falls spring ski weekend this year. Sled pulk in a bunch of good eats and drinks, setup a solid camp and hang out for a couple days. May?

I second that emotion! I was hoping that would be next weekend tho. :doobie: Here's hoping for good coverage down low.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:34 pm 

Missed the outing today, hope it was good... looked beautiful from the white river where my girlfriend and I were camping... going for a make-up lap tomorrow if anyone else is in the same situation. Only going as far Crater Rock on my own tomorrow, since I haven't even been that far yet. If anyone else is going and going higher, would love to talk...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:48 pm 

Looks like you guys had a good time on Helens, well done! Rainier was going off too, I'm headed back next weekend for more lines in the sun.

I thought it was pretty funny that the park service felt the need to post this on their Alerts page...

http://www.nps.gov/mora/notices.htm

:doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:15 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
Looks like you guys had a good time on Helens, well done! Rainier was going off too, I'm headed back next weekend for more lines in the sun.

I thought it was pretty funny that the park service felt the need to post this on their Alerts page...

http://www.nps.gov/mora/notices.htm

:doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie: :doobie:

Helens was fun yesterday with the low snow coverage. I'm surprised it was not sticky at all. I think next time I go, I'll be more interested in riding some lines near Monitor Peak than going for the summit. The summit runs is cool, but get kinda old for doing same thing every time I go up there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:23 pm 

Stay tune for some amazing photos. CR made friends with the eye in the sky. :D

Patrick.... ummm.... you should just do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:52 pm 

Im 100% new, and actually still looking for my first board, but I would love to join. I'll even buy the first round post-mission, if you can show me the ropes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:14 pm 

Newbie in PDX wrote:
Im 100% new, and actually still looking for my first board, but I would love to join. I'll even buy the first round post-mission, if you can show me the ropes.

Welcome! Highly recommend heading straight to Next Adventure on SE Grand, Chris and Ryan can sort you out. They also have a bunch of demo boards from Venture and Rome for you to rent for a day so you can try a few different decks. Also recommend getting your avy gear and knowlege dialed, this is a must before going out with anyone.

Also keep an eye out for the Oregon Splitfest the weekend of 4/20. Will have a few demos with Venture boards and Spark bindings for you to try.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 pm 

Welcome! Highly recommend heading straight to Next Adventure on SE Grand, Chris and Ryan can sort you out. They also have a bunch of demo boards from Venture and Rome for you to rent for a day so you can try a few different decks. Also recommend getting your avy gear and knowlege dialed, this is a must before going out with anyone.

Also keep an eye out for the Oregon Splitfest the weekend of 4/20. Will have a few demos with Venture boards and Spark bindings for you to try.[/quote]

Awesome, I didn't know that Next Adventure would rent out splits. I can always figure it out when I get there; but do they only sell new boards, or can you get used gear there as well?

Would taking a board up a nordic trail, and then the ride down be enough to grasp the feel for a split? Or would I need to take each board on a short tour to really get an idea?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm 

There's a few places around Hood you can get quick beginner tour such as Alpine or Glade Trail or Bennett Pass. Those trail are not that steep and worth trying out if it's your first time on a split.You could also tour around Timberline near the resort. I would just go with Jefe's advice about renting a split before hauling your solid board up there. If you're really interested I would say go for it... :twocents:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 pm 

nwboarder82 wrote:
There's a few places around Hood you can get quick beginner tour such as Alpine or Glade Trail or Bennett Pass. Those trail are not that steep and worth trying out if it's your first time on a split.You could also tour around Timberline near the resort. I would just go with Jefe's advice about renting a split before hauling your solid board up there. If you're really interested I would say go for it... :twocents:

Perfect! glade trail was the one I was thinking about, I have hit that from the top of T-line on my solid before.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:49 pm 

Newbie in PDX wrote:
Awesome, I didn't know that Next Adventure would rent out splits. I can always figure it out when I get there; but do they only sell new boards, or can you get used gear there as well?

I didn't see any split-rentals at Next Adventure, but I know that Mountain Shop rents out splits. Also: my girlfriend just picked up an AT skis/skins from Mountain Shop after renting for a few weeks, and they put two days of her rental costs towards her purchase, so I ask about that deal for their splitboard rentals if you like what you ride.

I'd also keep your eyes peeled on the swap forum on this site... at different times, both a friend and I scored used splitboards with hardware and skins for $250 from the local folk on here and their still holding together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm 

Is anyone going to be going out this coming week (the first week of February)? I would love to tag along.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next