Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: PDX Splitters unite!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:54 pm 

Looking to get out tomorrow am, thinking pea gravel, white river, etc. anyone been out recently and know of conditions?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:51 pm 

Pea gravel was nice today, great and packed skin track all the way up. Dropped into newton, still good powder in the shaded and tree aspects. Some definite wind loading from clark canyon side but all in all pretty firm. The sun was turning much to corn as the day progressed. No complaints, yeah splitting

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:15 am 

Does anyone know who sells heel risers locally (voile, etc). Mine voile's are not staying upright despite my best efforts to fix whatever the problem is. Just wondering if there's a shop I can head to and grab some.

cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:44 pm 

Mountain Shop
1510 NE 37th Avenue
Portland, OR 97232

i bought a pair here a few weeks ago as mine were collapsing as well, and i couldnt take it any more!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm 

I'm looking for some redemption this Saturday. What's the word?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 am 

No puking on the trail j/k... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:05 pm 

I'm down to get out Saturday and Sunday morning, and I have all day Monday and Tuesday. I'm expecting a new shred stick by friday...

If it snow's like it's suppose to I'm think pea gravel or white for sat sunday... unless it really snows down low then I'd be down for mirror lake or bluegrass. Anyone?

St Helens or Adams monday tuesday?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:14 pm 

Joeyzims wrote:
I'm down to get out Saturday and Sunday morning, and I have all day Monday and Tuesday. I'm expecting a new shred stick by friday...

If it snow's like it's suppose to I'm think pea gravel or white for sat sunday... unless it really snows down low then I'd be down for mirror lake or bluegrass. Anyone?

St Helens or Adams monday tuesday?

What's up Joey. A few of us are hitting Bluegrass tomorrow am, pm me if you want to try to meet up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm 

Damn! I saw this too late.... I just finished up setting up my new split. Planning on heading up the spur in the morning for a test run. PM me if your interested.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:24 pm 

Well, that was one of the gnarlier days I've ever had. We went to PG, got to the top and everything looked great. 4-6 inches of wind transported blower that wasn't sliding. So we started ripping down the Newton side, and immediately started losing edge (bulletproof see through ice under the pow). Was only stopped a few times by hitting trees. Survival snowboarding at its finest. I fucking grew up in the PNW and am very used to riding ice but this was something else.

So Joey, ya didn't miss too much. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. :nononno:

How was the spur today? Hope you had better conditions than we did. And how's the new ride?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am 

I took the Mountainsavvy level 1 avalanche class this weekend. Spent Saturday in class in Parkdale. Looked up at Hood to see all of Cooper Spur shining bright from it's icy shell. Spent Sunday up at T-line. Didn't do more than split-ski around to the East of the climbers lot towards White River. The ski crampons would've been useful in lots of spots...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm 

Anyone got a spare they can loan out? I'm planning on heading out for a 24hr snowboarding adventure this coming full moon weekend. Got a guy at work interested as well, so I thought i'd do him a favor and see if anyone had a spare split. Not going to do anything crazy, just skin back to timberline from skibowl or meadows (most likely skibowl cause i'm poor) and then probably up the Mtn a little from there until the lifts reopen and we switch back to park boards. The whole mission is to be "boarding" for 24hrs so definitely not trying to get anyone killed.

Dogan
Havn't worked out all the details yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm 

Sorry I missed you Jeff.

Sunday i rode Bennett with my girlfriend. Had a great time in the first clear cut in some fairly OK snow. Sorry the day before in pea gravel sucked for you guy's...

Tues was the first day of drastic warming... Patrick and I climbed to the weather station on St Helens. Great day, beautiful views... The previously icy spots offered corn with fast fun turns... the spots that were soft in AM mashed up nicely to wierd slow pinwheeling yuck.

Today I rode meadows, it was really fun fast corn. It seemed frozen tonight when I left too. SO could be great touring week! With a freeze thaw. I intended on checking out the palmer soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 496 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next