Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: VT or ADK friend search
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am 

earthsurfing wrote:
So- Northeast splitfest is on.

I'll make a thread as the details get fully worked out, but we'll have an up/ down race, demos (with some awesome '13 split innovations), and probably beer :guinness: , too!

March 3-4, with main activities March 3. (The weekend before the open, so a few key out-of-towners will be around, and more manufacturers will be willing to make the trip).

The week before I will also put on an AIARE 1 and ice-climbing instruction. Open to recommendations for awesome instructors (especially who ride).

Will need some volunteers, etc. as well.

Hmmm, I "may" be in VT on Mar 4-6, depending on business travel. Where are you planning to host?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 pm 

Hi, guys. I'm in Montreal, Quebec and would absolutely be up for some splitting in the ADKs. Or for all you Canadains, anywhere north of the border also. If there are any emails lists getting put together, please add me into the list or email me seperately at rory.c.curtis@gmail.com
I've got about 10 years of snowboarding (backccountry and otherwise) under my belt in Scotland (where I used to live), the Swiss, Austrian and French Alps, CO, and the East Coast.
Very impressed to see the number of splitboarders on the East Coast!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 pm 

I just stated a threat and then scrolled down and saw this one in full bloom. Anyone have an interest in getting out in the ADK this weekend? Full disclosure this will be my first split, I just cut my skins to fit this weekend, so it might take me a climb or 2 to get used to not having snow shoes on my feet but I have plenty of the snowshoe up and snowboard down experience.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm 

Hey yalls...I too am in the Smuggs area, Belvidere BC rippage weekly...be in touch if any of you wanna hook up for some laps!! I will be in touch with some of you fellas on this thread too as well when I have more time. Grabbed a pair of the 2012 Spark Burner bindings a month ago and so I have been extra amped from my splitter's performance, have been hitting it hard! Have yet to see another soul this winter so far out there near me. Great conditions too amazingly... Lovin it! :headbang:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 pm 

Goin up to vt this weekend, anyone going out sunday or monday?