Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: SoCal /Central Coast Riders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:01 pm 

whats up fellas! im a newbie/lurker living in Ventura,Ca looking for eastern/western sierra tours (or some local LP, angeles, SB, SG) homies this coming winter... Mid week sessions is my fortay. My experience is mostly side country and mild to moderate snowshoeing... Took AIARE 1 a few years back and im a proficent observer/ hobby of weather and snow science on a unprofessional level. just looking to pick some brains, meet some like minded riders... I would like to consistently go up conditions permitting. Just purchased a splitboard but im a seasoned/grizzled vet..
-Ed

Post subject: Re: SoCal /Central Coast Riders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 pm 

yeah I live in orange county & i'm currently looking 2 purchase a setup. I'll keep you posted once I get my 1st split board.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:45 pm 

Hey Ed,

I have similar interests and skill sets. Im in the north central valley on the way to tahoe area or shasta in stockton. Lmk when you're coming by

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 am 

Hey I live i San diego got all my gear about to split another board going to an avi course in december in Tahoe. I lived in Tahoe for 2 years looking to find some of those monster Couliers out there. I want to start searching over by mammonth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 pm 

What up?,I'm looking to get a crew together for the winter,I live in Bakersfield,I mostly hit the China Peak area,used to be called Sierra Summit,but am hungry to explore some new areas,hit me up,peace.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 pm 

I will be getting out in those areas and should have some mid-week availability, give a shout anytime.

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5
162 Furberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm 

Chris my name is Pete,hit me up when the first storms comes around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm 

Nice...I'll be hitting y'all up for some turns as soon as it gets good...but I'd be down for some early low tide styles as well.

Chris- do you mostly hit the eastside? Noticed your in the tehachapi's...nice options to go the 99 or 395.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 pm 

I'm moving to Santa Barbara in February (from Alberta) and I've been debating bringing my split with me when I move out there. I'm not sure if I'm going to have a car.

I've been splitting for one season in the Canadian Rockies, I'd love to see how the Sierras compare!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:48 am 

YEGsplit wrote:
I'm moving to Santa Barbara in February (from Alberta) and I've been debating bringing my split with me when I move out there. I'm not sure if I'm going to have a car.

I am sure you can find rides, take the train, etc. You should definitely bring your board! Lot of people carpool from hubs like sacramento, or you could even take the snowbus to meet people from here, and just use the snowbus as a ride out of San Francisco, Sacramento, etc. to Tahoe. There is even some riding as seen by some TR (Trip Reports) here just north of the valley (Los Angeles).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:38 am 

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I guess I should introduce myself: I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and splitboarding for a year. I've been snowboarding on the resort for 4 years and I decided the most fun stuff on the resort involved hiking, so I might as well hike more! I'm a solid rider, I've been to places like Revelstoke and can ride any run there, although it might not be pretty!

I'll keep checking back. Once I move, I'd love to get out and ride and meet some people down in California.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 pm 

YEG

I'm in Santa Barbara too.
You should definately bring your split. You'll be stoked. If you are a student you can buy a June Mountain Pass for $125 . You'll be stoked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 pm 

What up I just moved to SB from SLO long time Los padres recreator. Lets ride! East side, west side, Tahoe, whatevers... Let's get some novelty LP runs I've had my eye on some stuff near big Sur that occasionally presents a window. I might be headed out this weekend hit me up.

Mike

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next