Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: NH/ME region this winter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm 

Off topic, but for the former northwesterners, the cascades are getting pounded...road trip, anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:50 am 

I'm so jealous... My friends who still live there are rubbing it in my face.

I knew what I was getting into though. Still considering a move back.

And I'm also upset that I was legitimately sick all last week, so going up today was out of the question.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 am 

Brighton in utah getting puked on. 37" and still snowing. Can't wait to shred there in January. Almost 170" this year

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:48 am 

This thread is to help us east coasters escape the fact that we live on the wrong side of the great divide. Quit posting about other regions!

Anyways, first chair by myself on Wildcat with a copious 8 inches of pow on top of groomers. What kills me is that so few runs had manmade snow that after two runs everything open was torn up.

Still freshies my whole way down. Supposed to keep snowing this week hopefully temps won't climb and we will be looking at a nice heavy base in the Backcountry. For now we gotta stick to the ski areas and golf courses until the rocks and detritus are covered up more.

http://www.thegreatbenandhannah.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 pm 

Thanks for keeping us on track Ben. :thumpsup:

I'm hoping it keeps up. Mid-week temps could be tough on the low elevations, but the high elevations are looking good. Looking at heading to Wildcat on Saturday for some earned turns. I've just gotta get out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm 

Hey Chef_Ben or ridefreeordie, how did Washington make out over the last couple of days? Any idea about what the snowfall looks like through the weekend? Pretty bare bones up there when the avy class hiked to HoJos. SE winds should start to fill in the left side of the bowl though.

I start vacation on Friday and don't have to be back to work until 1/7 so I plan on being up that way a lot. Hope the snow continues to fall, definitely getting the itch to tour.

White lines, I'll be at Cannon on Friday if you want to meet up. Goes for anyone else as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 pm 

What's everyone's experience with skinning at the cat? I was thinking of doing some laps this weekend, but noticed that their "designated" uphill route is still closed, the trails aren't open yet. I've got no problem paying for a trail pass, but don't really feel like driving up from thornton if they're going to tell me I have to hike instead of skin, because the "designated" uphill trails don't have enough snow to skin.

If anyone wants to join, I'm looking at a morning session, as many ups as I can get in before heading to holiday celebrations in the afternoon. Probably not many.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 pm 

Lets see, Wildcat got 9 inches on Monday and then high temps moved in and that turned into a heavy solid 5 inches on the Sherbourne trail. Today has been off and on flurries with accumulation in the 3 inch wet and heavy range. And now a cold front is moving in which will encourage more snow to fall and deepen the snowpack. I'll get a report tomorrow from a friend who is spending the night at Harvard cabin and doing some ice climbing.

Won't be around this weekend doing the 4 days of Christmas Friday through Monday but I'll be back starting Christmas day.

Saddleback got 32 inches trying to motivate my wife for a dawn patrol, i don't think she is gonna do it anyone heading that way tonight up route 16. I've got the kind stuff.

Ben

http://www.thegreatbenandhannah.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:45 pm 

Ben, were you at wildcat on tuesday? i was up with freighttrain48. it was my first time there. really playful mountain, cant wait to ride it when it has snow.

http://crystalmountainresort.com/The-Mo ... ain_report

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 am 

18 inches of sticky wet snow at Hermit Lake over the course of this past storm system. Lost climbers, one cut dog, and early season pow has been the story here on the rock pile this past week. The precip was almost all snow but the snow-pack became super crusty as things warmed up. Top to bottom runs are no problem on the Sherbie and the upper 1/3 is very rippable with the crusty conditions dominating as you get closer to the bottom The ravine is still VERY bare but hopefully this new storm will help things a bit. Its all about the base building. See ya out there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:04 pm 

Well this is the partners wanted section right?

Anyone want to meet up somewhere tomorrow AM in the whites? I'll be in Thornton. My thought was wildcat, but the Sherbie might be fun. Only problem is I don't like going in the bc without a partner. I'll be looking to skin from about 7 or 8 to about 11 or so, depending on how far from Thornton were skinning. I need to be back by 1ish.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 pm 

Hey dfox did you end up going to the sherbie today? If not maybe one of the locals can help me out? Thinking I might go tomorrow if conditions are worthwhile. Can you skin the whole TRT? What's the coverage like? Can you ride down the whole thing? Lot of exposed rocks? Most likely I'll get started around 8:00 or so if anyone wants to meet up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:02 pm 

Didn't go. My father in law was sick, and it's his place I stay at in Thornton. I didn't feel like getting up at 4 am to get out by 8.

Let us know the conditions, I'm looking to head out next weekend for sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next