Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: vancouver split partners needed!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 pm 

reposting a deleted post. i'm a noob splitter desperately looking for other splitters to mainly do day trips with. i've been riding for 15 years, am reasonably fit, have all my avy gear, and did the AST1 rec. avy course last winter. i have season's passes to both whistler and cypress so am open to any of the slackcountry off either resorts. i'm looking to get some experience on mellow but decent terrain that doesn't require 20kms of skinning just to get to before stepping to some bigger trips and lines. as far as i know musical bumps at whistler fits that description, but i am open to any other suggestions as i don't know the coast mtn backcountry at all. i have the baldwin book but for the most part i don't feel confident enough to go to the spots in the book without someone who's been there already as the directions can be a bit vague. i'm free every weekend and can sometimes get weekdays off. i need to get more days in on my split and just need people to go with, so please shoot me a pm if interested! i'll gladly chip in for beers/gas in return for showing me around. thanks!