Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Berthoud Rollercoaster Anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm 

Anyone want to attempt the Berthoud Pass Rollercoaster? I saw this post last year and put it on my must do list. I've had a hard time leaving the main upper area at Berthoud, still so much to ride and see but thought this would be a good way to do some sightseeing/ exploring/ route finding.

I don't see the necessity to ride down to each drainage parking lot unless there is good riding to be had to them. Better yet, let's plan on leaving room for adding additional hikes in any drainages for lines that we want to ride but miss during the decent off of the ridges in between creeks.

http://www.powderbuzz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4093&sid=382867915ed6fe9a8ced570b73706782

Any takers?

Hopefully this expands into a Berthoud Double (ride both sides in one day: Russell to MaryJane, then Russell to bottom of Stanley) although we might need a bit more light for this one.

Post subject: Re: Berthoud Rollercoaster Anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:22 pm 

Looks like fun. Ive done most of that tour though not in a day. Sounds like a good late march mission.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:53 pm 

I'm down. I've done down to 1st creek earlier this season. 1st time a little early possibly... and second great turns the whole way. I would be way down for the rest of the journey. We just need some stability to hit the best lines the whole way. Sound like a good time! :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:37 pm 

Thinking of trying to ride/hike in each of the drainages on Saturday. I was up checking out Russell on Friday last week when the weather broke. Very wind blown high above treeline. Let me know if anyone out there wants to do a little exploring on Saturday (1/30/2011). I'm thinking we should still be able to get good turns in, but will not be hiking up to the rim in each drainage. It would be fun too to find the huts in each drainage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 pm 

No saturdays for me this season. I'm in the shop working. But i'm out sun-tues and often thurs mornings. Any of those days i'd be down. The huts tour is rad as well.