Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Party with the Yocals.(WA)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:13 pm 

Headed up to Mt. Baker for closing weekend to do some BC camping and chair riding at Baker resort... Ended up doing exactly the opposite.

After reading the avi reports the day before I was a bit discouraged with the 'high' danger rating. Left the split at home, and planned on riding chairs. After getting to the mountain a bit late, seen the snow wasn't nearly as wet and heavy as I was expecting, I decided to hike with the girl and dogs instead...

Yana behind me, and lucky staying his distance.. :roll:

One of the good signs that the snow pack was stable was the six snow shoers team bombing the slope just to the right of my dogs head..(good looking stuff over there too)

yeah, I know, get out of the skin track.. really, it was pretty firm, and I was only in it about 10 % of the time.

Girlfriend left with the dogs and camera at this point.. Doctors orders for the dogs :oops: Here is a picture of the area I did a couple of laps on before heading to camp. Sweet sweet conditions. I was so glad I changed my mind.

On the way to camp.. Could you? would you?!? (Note the kicker strategically placed)

Ok, the idea was to do some camping away from the masses and test out the new jet boil and stuff.. first to stop by and say happy B-day to a friend.. east siders from mission ridge... My name is already written on the front( in reverse, ambulance style)

Gathering up some fire wood for the fire.

setting up the table for some beer pong..

passing around teh flask

a little live music... kid fuggin rocks and set up stage right behind my escape... one of many talented parking lot entertainers that night

cool sunset..(and line)

After a hard night of partying and a wind storm..

What lucky thinks of your mother

Thanks for the tips on where to stay guys, but I think I am glad I changed my mind and partied witht eh locals.. MAny Many stories and new friends and old... Good times for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:20 pm 

Looks like a great time even though plans changed a few times. Good to see everyone up and out for the trip. Great photos. What area were you lapping...if you don't mind sharing?

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:26 pm 

It'll be funner if someone else guesses. Nothing secret though. Pretty common stuff. My lines where the shadow line on the far left, and one of the ones to teh far right, also right on the line of one of the shadows. Pretty much both straight down to the lakes :wink: