Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7/13 Hood, Hogsback, Zig Zag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:04 pm 

After Adams on Wednesday, I was looking for a simpler trip where I could ride right back to the car and hopefully convince Rebecca to come along. The last couple of months is our first real time hiking to ride and we are still on snowshoes. Splits will be here for next season.

I got to ride from the summit a couple of months ago, so Hogsback was the goal today. Fortunately, while there were a lot of climbers coming down all morning, there was nothing of the excitement that stoudema encountered last week. We did get to see and hear some great rock fall though.

It turned out to be a great day. While the snow off Hogsback and just below Crater Rock is a bit bumpy, the Zig Zag glacier is really nice riding. The riding was so good, we ended up staying rider's right of the return to T-line and dropping another 1500 feet down the snow field. We then climbed back up to the spot that will take you to the parking area and headed down again for a good amount of vertical today.

I got to meet Euclid and Solo making the same trip, just below Crater Rock. It was very nice to meet you two.

Euclid and Solo heading toward Hogsback

Hogsback and The Devil's Kitchen

Riding on Zig Zag

Rebecca and Illumination Rock

St. Helens and Rainier

Looking up Zig Zag from about 4000 ft below Crater Rock. Great run! This is not even the end of the snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:13 am 

Way to go Rebecca!!

Too bad you couldn't join us last week. At least you guys got out for some awesome looking conditons this weekend.

As good as it looks down there, I think my road trippin for turns is going to be a little more limited for the rest fo the summer. I am anxious to get out and mine the local area for biking, climbing , and paddling.

Most likely will be in the Oregone early August. I'll keep you up to speed. Thanks for the awesome(adams) photos! Te one of your prior looking down the chute is pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:32 am 

Nice work! The Zig Zag still looks really nice, and so smooth.

"Oh man, that's like releasing a pack of wild baboons onto a keg of Icehouse next to a tied-up and gagged Lindsay Lohan." - Luca Brasi on TGR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:36 pm 

Sweet - nice pictures! It's amazing how much melting has taken place in the last few weeks. The upper pitch is looking pretty dismal for riding. Glad you made it out to score the goods. We should plan a trip or two next year locally.........

Matt