Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Mt Baker Splitfest presented by Karakoram
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 pm 

I spend a lot of time in Glacier and I can't recall seeing a single bit of info on this event around town. If you have some posters I can put them up around town.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:06 pm 

chdoba wrote:
I spend a lot of time in Glacier and I can't recall seeing a single bit of info on this event around town. If you have some posters I can put them up around town.

There were posters at MBSS, the Wake and Bakery, Glacier Ski Shop and Chair 9. I posted one at the store too but figured that got pulled down.

If you want to print out some posters and put them up that would be great! You can get the full res image here: http://www.splitfest.com/images/splitfest%202013%20poster%20final.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:18 am 

Swampbuster wrote:
Gormley Green wrote:
Hey Gormley, how did you secure a camping spot? Do you need to contact Chair 9 via Facebook?

Yea no reservations. Just heard about it there so hoping it'll work out when we get there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:05 am 

Need lodging/camping advice....

It looks like any type of hotel is at least $100 per night. That's not really what I want to spend. Camping is a (low) possibility but if it's first-come-first-serve, I can't leave work until 5:00 in Seattle so I doubt there will be anything left over. Also, I'd be bringing my girlfriend who'll spend the day(s) on the lifts skiing and I don't think she's cool with sleeping the the 4Runner.

Are there cheaper places to stay maybe near Baker, not at Baker? What are other people doing?

(I realize it's late notice but I got next weekend off work today)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 am 

i was up there for the banked slalom a few weeks back...we, and about 10 other groups camped along the edges of the parking lot, pitched my tent and everything, no probs...on the contrary, when a few campfires were burning the Founder of Baker made the rounds on his snowmobile, essentially giving the blessing that it was cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 am 

JNK - Other than camping, Bellingham will be cheaper for lodging. Your other option is to get a few people together and rent a place. There are some people on the facebook site looking for lodging there too so might try and hit them up.

CassMT has a good point too about camping in the Baker lot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am 

We will be up Friday afternoon and probably camping out all weekend. We are starting to see some good weather coming in next week, there is a good chance we will be able to get some fresh!! Everyone do their snow dances so we can all shred some pow!

Also, keep in mind that we are doing the Intro To Splitboarding clinic Saturday morning @ 9am. This will take place in the parking lot of Chair 9, and will probably last 1-2hrs. We like to keep our clinics very open to discussion, so our part of it usually lasts about 45min, and we tend to get into gear discussion and talking about techniques and such after that for a bit.

Please pass the word out to any of your friends who are interested in splitboarding!! This will be the PERFECT venue for them to see and experience splitting. I spoke with Voile and they are bringing almost 20 splits for demo! Along with all the other awesome companies bringing up boards,that means anyone without gear will have the ability to give splitting a try. The BC access at baker is really awesome for new folks, you can also skin up right in the resort to get a great first time experience without needing to pack a ton of gear and own any avy equipment!

We are working on getting some avy gear rentals out at Chair 9 for the weekend also to help new folks get into it without having to make the investment.

:rock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm 

Wondering what's in the raffle this year?

The grand prize is from Karakoram and is a Jones splitboard with SL bindings and crampons.
After that we have splitboards from Arbor, Voile, Prior, Venture, Trapper, Salomon, Lib-Tech, Gnu and another Jones to give away. There is also a K2 Peacekeeper solid.

There are custom bindings from Spark R&D and another set of Karakorams.

A DYI split kit and skins from Voile, skins from G3. Poles from Komperdell

A BCA Tracker beacon, packs from K2, Osprey, Jones and BCA, softgoods from Outdoor Research, Disidual, Patagonia, Voile, Sportsman Chalet and Mt Baker Snowboard Shop.

To get some more splitting in and not have to camp there is a 2 night stay at the 542 Cabin from Mt Baker Vacation Rentals.

And more stuff from Frequency, O'neill, Optrix HD, Backcountry Essentials and Clif Bar

Raffle tickets will go on sale at 6:30pm Saturday at Chair 9. US cash only. No checks/no credit cards. Raffle drawing starts at 9:00pm, and you must be present to win. Don’t forget, ALL proceeds from the raffle go to NWAC.

Check out our facebook site for photos of the raffle prizes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm 

But wait there's more!

BCA will be showing off their avalanche packs including what happens when you pull the handle
G3 is bringing a couple of demo boards and will have skins for sale
Tailgate Industries is bringing up some of their goggle protectors for the raffle and to show off
Komperdell will be there with collapsible poles to demo and buy

And SheJumps is putting together a Ladies meet up on Friday night for a tour on Saturday! Get all the details here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/431521133596055/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm 

Posted to the homepage http://www.splitboard.com/index.php/fea ... arch-22-24
and FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/splitboa ... 5914273520

Bummed I cant make it this year. Should be great! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 am 

Well I don't think that could have possibly turned out any better! Saturday was all time, for reals. 10/10 on weather, snow, terrain, and off the charts on stoke. So great to see so many splitters out shredding lines everywhere. Coolest thing I've ever seen. What a weekend :drool:

Edit: who's got pics??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 am 

Amazing weekend. Good weather, good conditions, good people. Big thanks to the organizers.

Sunday We headed out to Mt. Ann

Mt. Shuksan from the top of Mt. Ann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:31 am 

Bump.

2014?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next