Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Free Splitboard 101 Clinic! Nov 17th Cle Elum, Wa
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:03 pm 

What's up everyone! Wanted to get the word out to any Seattle or eastern Wa folks about a free clinic we have coming up on November 17th.

Our friends at Sahaptin Outfitters in cle elum have teamed up (let us use their nice big shop and projection screen) to bring you Splitboard 101: An Introduction to Splitboarding!

In this clinic we will discuss the basics of splitting, gear selection, backcounty essentials, very basic avalanche/safety (hoping to line up a guest speaker), and show off some of the newest splitboard gear for this season! Think of this like a pre-season gathering of beginning splitters to meet up and bs about riding for a couple hours while checking out some badass new gear haha!

I'll post up some more info when I get to a computer, hope to meet a lot of new faces!

-Brendon @ Chair 2

Post subject: Re: Free Splitboard 101 Clinic! Nov 17th Cle Elum, Wa
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm 

Ill be there barring unforseen circumstances. Anyone heading out from the seattle area hit me up if you want to carpool!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:24 am 

Bumping this back up, only a week out! We will have all the 12/13 gear from Spark R&D and are hoping our Jones gear shows up before sat!

Also if anyone needs accomodations just shoot me a pm, we have a nice hotel in Easton (10 min from where the clinic is) that we vw get special deals for folks who attend. There is also a couple hotels in Cle Elum as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 pm 

Just a quick update for those who are going to join us (or are still debating haha), we are going to have some KILLER deals on select gear for those who make it out!! So good I can't even say :shock:

We are working out details for a special guest speaker but havnt gotten final confirmation. Also feel free to bring your get with you if you have any questions or need any setup/tuning questions. This is to help you get ready for the season so please don't hesitate to ask us, we are here to help, and information is always free!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 pm 

B-P wrote:
Just a quick update for those who are going to join us (or are still debating haha), we are going to have some KILLER deals on select gear for those who make it out!! So good I can't even say :shock:

We are working out details for a special guest speaker but havnt gotten final confirmation. Also feel free to bring your get with you if you have any questions or need any setup/tuning questions. This is to help you get ready for the season so please don't hesitate to ask us, we are here to help, and information is always free!!

Will there be beer? :guinness:

jbapple - I'm thinking about hitting Stevens if the weather cooperates to shake the cob webs off and then over Blewitt for this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:12 pm 

Would be stoked to see you bob! No beer at the clinic but the saloon is on the way home :)

We werent able to line up a guest speaker for the avalanche portion of the discussion but we are still on track for a great event. Looking like roughly 20 people so this should be a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 pm 

Had a lot of people not make the journey but we still had a great turnout for our first ever Splitboard 101! Ended up being a great discusssion that lasted almost 2hrs. Was awesome to meet everyone and get some new splitboarders educated.

Here are a few photos from the night

left to right, Team rider Drake, myself and the owner Stef going over some essential gear

Showing some different camber profile splits

Thanks to all who came out to join us!