Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: OR Splitfest '13 -- It's On!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:02 pm 

Monishka wrote:
Looking forward to this!
Is Friday eve the one opportunity to get a demo board?
Are people carpooling?
Are people staying in GC for the night?

The earlier you show up, the better chance you have of getting the demo board you want. Yes I'm sure people will carpool and stay in GC. Transport and accomodations are up to you. Cya there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm 

christoph benells wrote:

Nice lookin shirts Chris -- clean and mean!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:26 pm 

Jefe! I'm pretty sure I'll be heading down for this! It would be great to hook up and do some touring together.

Think anyone will be climbing/riding Hood that weekend (conditions permitting, of course)? I've climbed it before, but it would be great to do a split descent. Just a thought...

Is overnight camping (in a car) allowed at GC?

Hope to see you soon, man!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:49 am 

Swampbuster wrote:
Jefe! I'm pretty sure I'll be heading down for this! It would be great to hook up and do some touring together.

Think anyone will be climbing/riding Hood that weekend (conditions permitting, of course)? I've climbed it before, but it would be great to do a split descent. Just a thought...

Is overnight camping (in a car) allowed at GC?

Hope to see you soon, man!

Nice to hear from you Jim! Glad to hear you're coming down.

We had 3 splitfest attendees summit last year, so I'm sure there will be lots of peeps trying for the summit this year. I can definitely introduce you to a few guys who have done it.

I don't know about the legality of camping in your car in GC, but I plan to do it, so I think the rule is just be incog and don't be getting naked in some old ladies front yard.

Cya next weekend --

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 am 

It's official... we will have 2 factory splitboards to raffle off. In addition to the Venture Storm, we'll also have a Arbor Abacus split, graciously donated by the nice folks at Arbor.

C'yall there this weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:13 pm 

Is anyone else coming down from the Seattle area? I did last year and would like to make the trip again. I'm not really familiar with area but interested in camping or snow caves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm 

heazy wrote:
Is anyone else coming down from the Seattle area? I did last year and would like to make the trip again. I'm not really familiar with area but interested in camping or snow caves.

I'm headed down Friday. I've got room for 2 more but I'm not camping. PM me if you're interested.

Post subject: Re: OR Splitfest '13 -- It's On! Dorm room available in GC Fri
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 pm 

Hey all!

The Huckleberry Inn has a 14 bed dorm room that costs $197.50. It might not be fancy, but it would be cheap and right in town! It's available Friday night. Is anyone interested? I'd be happy to reserve it if we could get at least 8 people to commit.

PM me ASAP if you're interested!

http://huckleberry-inn.com/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 pm 

Good call on the Huckleberry! We splitters are a lazy bunch and very often need someone to take charge and just make shit happen. I bet if you go ahead and reserve it for both nights, you'll have no problem filling up the beds and getting paid back.

I'll put this out on the facebook invite too. Do you have a email address where you want people to contact you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 pm 

Thanks Jefe! Would be great to meet some other climbers. I'm not 100% sure I'll be doing a Hood climb/descent, but it's definitely high on my list. So far, Saturday looks like it could be a great day for it.

If any climbers are reading this and are interested in doing Hood on Saturday (or maybe Sunday), let me know. Otherwise, let's just get out and tour.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:13 pm 

Jefe009 wrote:
Good call on the Huckleberry! We splitters are a lazy bunch and very often need someone to take charge and just make shit happen. I bet if you go ahead and reserve it for both nights, you'll have no problem filling up the beds and getting paid back.

I'll put this out on the facebook invite too. Do you have a email address where you want people to contact you?

The room is not available Saturday :(

I already have one response for Friday, but I'd like to wait to a couple more before I pay up. Great idea about FB! My email is moccamjl@gmail.com.

Monique

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 pm 

Monishka wrote:
Jefe009 wrote:

The room is not available Saturday :(

I already have one response for Friday, but I'd like to wait to a couple more before I pay up. Great idea about FB! My email is moccamjl@gmail.com.

Monique

Cool, I put the word out on FB too. Great idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm 

Looking for a few volunteers to help me dig snow out of the front of Charlie's on Friday afternoon. Will buy endless Rainiers for any helpers. If there's 3 or 4 of us it won't take more than an hour or so. I'll be up there by 3pm at the latest on Friday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next