Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: South America Splitboarders Unite! - Splitfest Tour SA 2012
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 am 

Hi all!

The goal here is to organize a gathering somewhere in the Mountians in as many countries as possible, to unite the splitboarding community, for a few days of safe and fun riding in the local backcountry terrain.

I am new to the area and want to meet other splitboarders as well as bring us together in more of a community as I have come to enjoy the friendship and good times with my cali splitboarding family. I was lucky enough to help with the planning of a few of the California splitfests. I thought they were a great time and everyone seemed to enjoy it very much. I would like to continue the tradition down here and bring the stoke to my new friends in the southern hemi!

Would like to promote splitboarding, also to non-splitters, so skiers - snowshoers - hikers - all are welcome!) Would like to have discussions on avalanche safety and conditions, as well as gear discussions and demos, and sales, if possible. I know how hard it is to come by good gear in SA and also how expensive it can be, so will try to have lots of everything available to buy for very cheap as well. would like to setup a gear swap or used gear day, as well as a donation collection. would like to hold a contest to give away a complete setup to a lucky and deserving rider who doesnt have any gear.

I don't have any idea right now as to where I would like to go so I am looking for people to suggest places, all ideas welcome. Would like to make the format a camping weekend somewhere near a good easy access spot with resort and backcountry riding. Looking for sponsors, so if you are one and interested, read this and then please PM me.

will post in both lanugages so feel free to use the spanish thread for replies, todo bien con castilliano ahora. patiencia por eso, por favor. nessecito tiempo para escribir y transducir.