Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mt Baker Splitfest 2012
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 am 

So if the demos are down in Glacier, then I assume they are all day demos, correct? Doesn't make sense to keep driving up and down all day.

We may not arrive til 8:30pm or 9:00pm. Will it still be possible to arrange a demo that late on Friday?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 am 

prior_rider wrote:
So if the demos are down in Glacier, then I assume they are all day demos, correct? Doesn't make sense to keep driving up and down all day.

We may not arrive til 8:30pm or 9:00pm. Will it still be possible to arrange a demo that late on Friday?

Correct they are normally all day demos. It should be possible to arrange a demo that late but your selection will probably be limited. Most MFGs have been willing to meet up in the morning to set you up too. In the past there are have been boards available but no hardware left so if you have your own hardware (touring brackets, pucks, bindings, skins, etc) available it may make things easier.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:11 am 

Would it be safe to assume that most of the non-Karakorum demo boards already would have the whole Voile puck system installed? I have Spark Burners already and would like to try out a different board, which would be easiest if it already has that standard setup. Not that I wouldn't like to try a complete Karakorum setup at some point, but I would guess there aren't so many of those to be had.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 am 

prior_rider wrote:
Would it be safe to assume that most of the non-Karakorum demo boards already would have the whole Voile puck system installed? I have Spark Burners already and would like to try out a different board, which would be easiest if it already has that standard setup. Not that I wouldn't like to try a complete Karakorum setup at some point, but I would guess there aren't so many of those to be had.

Nope, that is not a safe assumption. Most of the boards show up bare except for clips and hooks. The limited hardware is put on what ever board needs it at the time and it's first come first served. Most of the MFGs don't have bring hardware for every board. Personally I have stripped my split of hardware so I could ride a demo board (XTC Fissle :thumpsup: ).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 pm 

kinda looking like I'll be there with a couple friends...

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm 

Stoked for this one! I'll be up there along with 4 fellow splitboarders from my crew on Saturday morning. I won't be able to make it up to Glacier until late Friday night so we'll be missing the initial route planning session. Any advice for those of us that miss the tour-planning meeting? Meet at Heather Meadows in the morning?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm 

upupdowndown wrote:
Stoked for this one! I'll be up there along with 4 fellow splitboarders from my crew on Saturday morning. I won't be able to make it up to Glacier until late Friday night so we'll be missing the initial route planning session. Any advice for those of us that miss the tour-planning meeting? Meet at Heather Meadows in the morning?

If last year was a good indicator, groups will be meeting at Chair 9 to carpool around 8:30 am. Otherwise meeting up with a group at 9 or 10 should be doable in the Heather Meadows parking lot. There should be lots of groups to tour with. I'm probably going to be on the crack of 10 schedule.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:57 am 

So stoked to have the opportunity to make this event!

Updated post on the homepage...
http://www.splitboard.com/index.php/fea ... arch-23-25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm 

Stoked, going to be my first, long overdue tour :shock: this winter. Rolling solo and likely camping in the parking lot at Baker, black Subaru wagon, OR plates, red bike rack, long hair, dark bags under my eyes, come say hi :headbang:

Chris, if you need a ride to/from Seatac ping me. I'm going to be staying in Tacoma tomorrow nite and headed up north Friday but am on a flexible schedule

-j

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:17 pm 

so many things to juggle this weekend!! i think i'll skip the galactic show in seattle on friday night so i can get up to glacier and meet some of my new "neighbors".... then me & my beat up old vanagon will be around for a couple nights of festivities, but i'll probably be heading out to idaho super early on sunday to go check out a potential "new" van. it's almost time to step up to 4wd!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:44 pm 

Just talk to the boys at North Westy and put a syncro setup in there!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:01 am 

^^ If you get a syncro I'll be stupid jealous.

Rumor has it there was enough snow to go around up there this weekend?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 pm 

Is this happening again in 2013? :disco:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next