Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Silverton Splitfest 2012!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:12 pm 

For those not following on facebook, Silverton is setting up pretty well for a good festival. We are pretty excited to kick this thing off on Thursday!

Keffler riding soft N facing powder on Python
Keffler getting some S facing corn on the South Face of the Turk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:35 am 

you lucky SOB. one more day of work.. BEST be leaving some good lines for us!!!

so whats your thoughts after riding some snow, hows she feel? look?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:16 am 

We can discuss when you get down here in depth, but its good on almost all aspects in terms of riding conditions. Above treeline corn on south aspects, chaulky powder on N aspects still, but not sure for how long. Corn snow below treeline, N is still switching to a full corn setup below treeline, and a little sticky. Still waiting to hear on E and W alpine aspects for riding, but I expect corn as well. We still have a deep slab instability quite a ways down, and some dust is there from last week, but I dug a 4ft pit on a N aspect at 11,200ft, and received no results on a CT or ECT. That is not to say the deep slab doesn't exist as there are layers there, but I am finding them harder to react. People are getting after the bigger lines that haven't been rode this year, and lots of people doing them.

Make sure to check CAIC, and maybe even read back on the archives over the past few weeks. See you tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm 

A quick post event write up:

I think it's fair to say that this event was a huge success. We had 35 participants and about 10 sponsor at the event. We kicked the event off on Thursday with a free companion rescue class put on by Silverton Avalanche School then a tour of the Venture shop followed by setting up Venture Demos for the next day at the Quito house. And how can I forget, beer provided by Ska brewery. The next night we had a slide show by Jarrett, catered food by Elevated Fine Foods and beer provided by Ska brewery and Ourayle House Brewery. The last night was the night to raffle off all the great swag donated by several different sponsors, along with more food and beer.

It was a great learning experience for both Jason and myself and we look forward to next year!

Big thanks to all the participates as you guys made this an awesome event. You guys are the best (and thank you for treating the houses with respect as we got our deposits back!)

Details about the event were in the Silverton Standard and the Durango Telegraph.

http://www.durangotelegraph.com/index.cfm/archives/2012/march-08-20121/second-section/splitboards-descend-on-san-juans/

http://www.silvertonstandard.com/news.php?id=450

I'd like to take a moment to thank our sponsors and list out the help they provided.

Venture Snowboards: Without Klem and Lisa, this event would not have been the same. They provided (11) different splitboards as demos, put on one of the best shop tours I've ever been on, brought in Jarrett for the slide show, gave out Venture pint glasses, T-shirts for the raffle, countless connections to other sponsors, and finally a sweet 2012/13 Venture Storm for the raffle. Thank You!

Spark R&D: Will sent out (3) pairs of next years blazes for demo, Lots of awesome sunblock chapstick, and sweet set of bindings for the raffle.

Gecko Skins: Ian brought out (2) pairs of skins for people to demo and (2) skins for the raffle

G3: (2) pairs of skins for the raffle

Karakoram: Bryce went big and gave out a set of Karakoram Bindings! Thank you. Zach who won them was so stoked and on a set of slider plates and regular bindings

Ska Brewery: (4) kegs of beer!!!

Ouralye House Brewery: Hutch brought (2) 5gal kegs of beer!!!

Chimera Snowboards: Alister drove down from Utah and showed off a bunch of new Chimera splits, provided hats and T-shirts for the raffle.

Trew Gear: John hooked us up big time with countless T-shirts, hats, Beanies, a hoodie and bibs.

Flylow: Dan got me a pass into SIA which really helped us to get more sponsors and gave us a bunch of T-shirts and a jacket for the raffle.

BCA: Andy gave us a sweet backpack, beanies and beer koozies for the raffle

Cold Smoke Splitboards: Kyle put in a set of Spark R&D tail clips for the raffle. If you have a snowboard you want split, contact these guys.

Deeluxe Boots: Jerome brought down a Spark boot and the next year's Xavier boot for people to check out. He provided a pair of boots for the raffle.

Purl Wax: Lots of free samples of Purl wax

Silverton Avalanche School: Jim put on the free companion rescue course and loaned us a projector and screen for slide shows

Elevated Fine Foods: Melissa did an amazing job of feeding us on Friday and Saturday night. The food was off the hook!

Silverton Property Management: Nicole helped us pick out which houses to rent out and made sure we had a good roof over our heads.

Backcountry Experience in Durango: Provided us with maps to pass out for people to uses for picking stuff to ride

Winterstick Snowboards: Dan drove over from Telluride with (3) demos and provided some T-shirts for the raffle

Southwest Adventure Guides: Andrew hooked us up with (3) guide books to pass out to help people find stuff to ride

Splitboard.com: Big thanks to Chris for letting us post our event details here and also providing inspiration for this event

Wyomingsplit_rider:
Thank you Jer for putting on the Wyoming Scrubfest for 7 years. I attending the last one a year ago it was the spark that started this event here in Colorado.

Skierconqueso:
Thank you Jacob for doing such an awesome job on painting our poster! Just amazing skills.

Below are a few pictures from the event:

Companion Rescue Course

Venture Shop Tour

Josh winner of the Venture Split

We did a special thing and gave Tonda the Spark bindings because he and his girlfriend drove all the way from Moscow Idaho for this event. He took the time to help a newbie setup his demo split then helped him on Saturday learn how to use it! Tonda, your attitude and love for splitboarding inspired us all. Thank you!

Travis winner of the Trew Bibs

Jeremiah winner of the BCA pack

Eric winner of the Deeluxe boots

Chimera Demo Rack

Jacob working on another master piece

Jason checking snow conditions warming up for the event

And finally a group picture

Here is a cross link to the photo thread for this event:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13232

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:15 pm 

The photo is awesome! Thank you for a great time at the 2012 Sliverton Splitfest! Receiving the bindings from John and Jason means a lot to me, thank you both again! I really enjoyed meeting fellow splitboarders, the makers of my awesome Venture Storm and helping Chris have a good time and enjoy splitboarding as much as I do. Chris you did an awesome job and I am looking forwarded to seeing you and everyone else again next year!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm 

A little pic of the 2012 Silverton Splitfest MVP, spreading the splitboarding stoke! Thanks again Tonda, you are indeed the man!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6