Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4.12.2009 eastern sierra - south fork big pine canyon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:12 pm 

or as i like to call it SFBPC...

anyway after riding mt emerson on sat it was hard to come up with a worthy objective. i had some ideas in mind but i was a little tired so i opted for an easy access spot. this place is a great option because you can usually always drive to the end of the road and then even if there is no low snow there is a nice well established summer trail to get you to the snow line.

so after a short hike i was on snow and actually following a booter some tele folks put in from the day before. this was a really enjoyable day. beautiful weather. solo. good fresh snow. nobody around.

driving up the BPC there are some lines back that way...thats where split mtn and tinnemaha live.

another roadside attraction - one of the kidd mtn gullies. bottom is already burnt out though.

very good fresh snow all the way to the top

looking across the canyon to mt alice. she looks so nice. but the lower parts were burnt out also since its mostly south/SE facing. one day i would like to ride this one though.

i rode the middle line. its actually a really long run, and tons of fun! it went quickly but was a great continuous ride, top to bottom non-stop!

anyway i got back to my truck by about 4:30. should have driven home but i hate leaving the mtns. so instead i drove about 50mi north to benton hot springs and soaked up the sunset in my own redwood tub. what a way to end an absolutely killer weekend!

Post subject: Re: 4.12.2009 eastern sierra - south fork big pine canyon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 pm 

Is that last shot Montgomery or Mt. Gilbert?
Vn sir. I hope your next (current) adventure brings success!