Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mt langley end of apr.
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:49 pm 

thought i would post this here for my fellow splitting brothers and sisters.

http://www.sierradescents.com/skiing/la ... ouloir.php

this was created by the guy i went with and therefore refelcts his point of view, but no effort required on my part which was nice. thanks to andy for taking his time to do this.... nice pics and words.

this was my 1st 14k ft summit experience and a great run! very long drop down a moderately steep couloir, very scenic! i had tried twice earlier in the year to get to this line but failed miserably due to slow going and sketcy snow! met andy online and decided to team up to conquer this summit.

i am gonna do this one again next year for sure, as it is now in my "backyard"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:49 am 

What a great report! Well worth the read. One of those HUGE Eastern Sierra lines. These are my favorite shots:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:24 pm 

Nice trip! I tried Langley in the spring two years ago w/ a buddy of mine. We camped up on the main bench at a really cool campsite w/ no snow and one of the sickest unclimbed boulder problems I've ever seen. The next day we got to the base of the coulior and the wind was nuking. We huddle behind a boulder hoping the wind would wind down when I heard the sound of metal scraping on rock. I looked behind me to see my board 30 ft. off the ground, flying down the mountain! Luckily my board stopped on the last rock it could have or else it would have went about 400 vertical ft. down. We waited a while longer and the wind kept getting stronger, so we put our tails between our legs and bailed. I've been wanting to ride that thing since I first saw it from 395....Someday.

Post subject: langley inspiration
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:07 pm 

bgnight - that sounds like a crazy time! i had two failed attempts at this line earlier in the year. however after making lone pine my base of ops for this year i thought no way can i look at that line every day and not have been down it!

it was actually laughing at me - sounded like "ha ha ha ha ha ha" sort of haunting me. anyway i will be returning next year for sure so keep in touch and maybe we can conquer this beast again next year.