Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Avy safety
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm 

On recent outing on Teton Pass this past weekend I opened my eyes to some rather disturbing behaviors. With a report of moderate avy danger I watched 3 women ski down a bowl together with no concern. Lately I have seen many occasions of groups crossing avy slopes together so that they may chat comfortably. Though my biggest surprise comes from the amount of selfish & thoughtless people using I-Pods. I guess if you really believe your actions don't affect others around you or you have no responseability to the other people in your group in terms of awareness in a dangerous environment it is O.K. to tune out. I was 2 meters behind my partner and I yelled to him with no response. If you are becoming complacent out there maybe it is time to check yourself. The life you save may be your best buds. I am sure he or she is counting on you! :roll: Nothing personal I just have not the desire to die a horrible death, at least not any time soon. If you are on top of your game maybe it is time to enlighten others on their poor practices out there. Maybe they won't send a slope crashing down on you and your friends while they are jamming out to the latest whatever they are listening to that is more important than human or canine life.