Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colorado Mountain School???
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm 

I am looking into getting my Avy 2 next month and can likely get into a class with Colorado Mountain School up in Estes Park.

Has anyone used these guys?
Have you done their Avy 2course?
What do you think about them?

Please let me know!

Pedro

Post subject: Re: Colorado Mountain School???
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:53 pm 

I took Avy 2 through Aspen Expeditions.

Also a real value if you live Colorado Mountain College in-district is to take the AVY 2 through CMC, whereby their are still some openings.

Quote:
03/06/2014-03/07/2014 Lecture/Laboratory Combination Thursday, Friday 08:00AM - 05:50PM, Vail-Eagle Vly Campus, Room 116 (more)...

Comments: You must be 18 years of age minimum at the start of the class to participate. This Level 2 course uses the curriculum of the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE). An AIARE Certificate of Completion is issued through successful completion of the course. For details about the course objectives, go to: [http://avtraining.org/aiare-level-2/]. Itinerary (four 10-hour days): Thursday & Friday: classroom/field sessions, Saturday & Sunday: full-day field sessions. Appropriate backcountry travel equipment MUST be secured BEFORE the start of the course on day 1. An equipment list will be emailed in advance within a week before the class starts. Additional fees paid at registration include: $40 materials fee (handed out at class, includes the required AIARE Level 2 Student Manual, AIARE Field Notebook, and access to AIARE membership) and $30 USDA Forest Service Fee.

Post subject: Re: Colorado Mountain School???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:59 am 

I did my Level 2 at CMS and I can't say enough good things about their venue! It's an awesome course with top-notch instructors.