Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Loveland Ski Area 6/6/09
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:50 pm 

So I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while now, and I figured it was time that I finally posted something. I was lucky enough to go splitboarding for my first time earlier this month with Bentley Blaho of the Blaho Bros over at Never Summer. Bentley leant me a 10 yr. old NS splitter that still road like a dream, and off we went for a little June stoke. I gotta stay I was totally impressed with how the split handled in the various conditions we were in, and I was truly impressed with how easy and fun the whole splitboarding experience was.

I hope this is the first of many TR's.

This is the dicey shit at the bottom of Loveland, it got better, way better.

Bentley gettin the splitters ready for touring mode.

Here I am starting the ascent, needless to say from the picture, but it was a bit icy at the bottom.

There was still plenty of cover.

We were able to skin about halfway up this before we had to put on the crampons. our route went along the dirt and then up to the saddle in the distance.

The goal...

Bentley cruisin up like it wasn't no thang...

We took a pretty sketchy way up to this saddle, and both of us were just happy to be on solid ground... we trudged onward.

You can barely see Bentley blendin in there. This was the toughest part of the climb.

Changin to riding mode!

The pic didn't come out well, but we definitely got some sweet turns in on the top face. Nothin like fresh turns in June!

A lil view of what we came down.

Bentley wanted to session the face, but I was beat... so then we headed over to A-basin for the afternoon to watch some crazies eat it in the pond.

All in all, I gotta say splitboarding was better than I thought it would be, and I can't wait to do it again. Big props to bentley for letting me borrow an old splitter even though it still rode and felt like it was brand new.

Post subject: Re: Loveland Ski Area 6/6/09
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 am 

Nice! If you ever want to do some split riding around summit county, let me know. Definitely trying to find some local partners. Sadly I don't have an extra split to lend though.