Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Non-TR: Kirkwood 1/15
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:49 am 

Well the gods are conspiring against me getting out in the bc so far this year, so this is the closest I've gotten to the backcountry yet. So while the rest of you are out there gettin' some, at least I can provide some humor. My buddy Dan, his girlfriend, and I made it out to Kirkwood on Saturday. We decided to check out this small cornice.

I dropped it:

and got stuck in the heavier-than-expected snow and rolled all the way to the bottom:

Doh! :shock: Dan didn't fare much better, but somehow we didn't manage to get him on film. Hmm, funny how that works. And never mind the fact that many other people jumping off didn't seem to have any problem. I'm sure that the snow where THEY jumped was much better! :)

End of Non-TR. Hoping to get some real bc action soon.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:03 am 

Nice tumble. I was up at Kirky on 1/12 (No boss, those aren't racoon eyes, I was really sick). The snow was awesome when I was there except it got tracked out super early. Had to do some hiking to find the freshies.

I too think that the bc gods are conspiring. I wasn't able to get any bc action this weekend but did have a killer time in your neck of the woods. My parents rented a beach house on 12 Ave. I was able to get several blue bird mtb rides (Nisene, UCSC, Wilder), some body surfing, and beach runs. Pretty sweet long weekend in SC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:07 pm 

Nice. I've definitely been doing more mtn biking than bc stuff. PM me know if you ever want to hook up for a ride. I live on Empire Grade right by all the great UCSC trails. A lot quicker than driving 4 hours to Tahoe. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:49 am 

I long for the days when I could ride from my house. I usually start my SC rides from a friends house in Bonny Doon and end them in Felton at another buddies house. Amazing s/t.