Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Red Lake Peak, CA - 4/21/07
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:54 am 

Figured I would get off my butt and post something since I actually stopped to take a few pictures off Red Lake Peak yesterday…

We had a little storm move through the Sierras last week (and it might actually be generating some continued magic as I type this.) BC Mex and I thought we would try to reap the rewards because all indications were that the conditions would at least be decent.

There are a few options when doing Red Lake Peak, so we brought both our splits and solid boards for this adventure. We decided to launch from Carson Pass with good old boots and solid boards. The ridge route was scrubbed clean (see below,) so we knew it would be a quick shot to the top.

To maximize vertical, I dropped BC Mex and gear off at the pass then headed down to Hope Valley to leave the car and thumb a ride. Clearly my hitch hiker karma was at its max. First attempt, and Dave from Carson City pulls over. Dave was on his way to Kirkwood and conveniently had all his BC gear. He asked if he could join the adventure, I figured it was the least we could do. Dave turned out to be both good company and a good rider – thanks again for the ride Dave!

An interesting side note – we did the same thing two weekends ago. BC Mex did the car drop. The only difference – the CHP stopped while he was trying to thumb a ride. Turns out that Mr. Officer was pretty down to earth and offered BC Mex a ride to the pass. The catch? He had to be searched for weapons. BC Mex got the full frisk, with fingers laced behind the head, right off Hwy 88. Anyone out there catch this? If only I could have seen it and had the camera…

Anyway, sorry for the side story. Below are some pics of BC Mex off the face of Red Lake Peak. Who said winter was over in the Sierras…?

Go get it while you can…

Also, I wanted to extend a quick thanks and “good to meet youâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:14 am 

Great day out there. Good to meet you guys too. I don't know what to say about the solid boards though. :wink: :D

The out wasn't too bad, eh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Great day out there. Good to meet you guys too. I don't know what to say about the solid boards though.

Yeah, I know... It was the least we could do since our new friend Dave had to hike. We were just being polite... :D

Quote:
The out wasn't too bad, eh.

Not too bad at all. We'd had our fill though when you motored out of site. I was missing the split at that point. I guess we had to pay for our sins...