Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:24 pm 

From where we were we couldn't see the West ridge, but I bet that thing has been snow free for a while. There aren't any big ledges along the route and it faces kind of South. Getting off the summit might be tricky, but if you have a rope it'll be fine.

I think the snow/rock linkups are going to be the hot new trend in the Sierra this summer. You gonna climb that thing with skis on your back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:24 pm 

You guys are killing me! I so wish I could have gotten out there again this year for the annual Conness cornfest but it wasn't in the cards this time. Next year for sure. Anyway, way to, um, "slay" it! :) Oops, sorry, I meant: Image

Looks like you scored perfect conditions, hit some sweet lines, and even got to bypass any heinous lake traverse. How did the Conness glacier look? That thing was just butter this time last year. I can't believe how huge those cracks are in the summit chutes! Those things were still filled in at this point last year, and there's even more snow this year. Damn. Anyone up for a straight shot down Oh Shit? :shock: And geez, S couloir looks like a freakin' ski run! Someone needs to get that looker's right entrance.

Wonder what North Peak chute is looking like. With this much coverage it will probably still be good for at least a couple more weeks... but I wonder if it has a honkin' schrund like on the summit chutes.

And what's this?? An area of the Sierra that BCD hadn't hit yet??? :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:13 am 

bcd wrote:
I think the snow/rock linkups are going to be the hot new trend in the Sierra this summer. You gonna climb that thing with skis on your back?

I think we'll leave the skis on the plateau and just use them for the approach and ski back to Saddlebag. I know it woud make for some bitchen pictures to see dudes gripping the West Ridge granite with skis strapped to their packs, but the climbing itself will be a challenge enough for me.....and if so inspired I'll photo-shop those motha's in before I post my pics.

Jimbo - I was just thinking this morning about when I could get to North Peak to hit the NE Couloir. Maybe in a week or so. This is from a couple of weeks ago from a ways North.