Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: holy mother powpow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:29 pm 

just got back in from a morning session of hip deap pow turns up on Mnt. Ranier, trip was a little scetch due to the fact that i was alone ( big BC no no)... On top of that the road up to paridise has been closed for the last 3 days, so when i got up there first thing this morn there was 18 inches of new, on top of 30 inches from the last few days.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyhue i just ended up takin a bunch of laps up around the Alta vista point, but it yeilded some great rewards. then around 12 noon the weather turned sour some 40 MPH winds came up, and before you know it, its white out blizzard conditions... :shock: :shock: Time to head for the barn. All in all not a bad morning figuring it was supose to rain in the higher elevations this week... ( next time i will remember to charge the batteries in my camara before i leave :? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:08 pm 

i was up near Arrowhead, below it, actually, with a bunch of Rando guys. deep powder but incredibly long skin track in. i was having problems with popping out of my Bomber plates a bunch of times, so the ski guys had a good laugh. Dicks.

Just kidding.

I gotta get my gear dialed in.

Post subject: Re: holy mother powpow
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:24 pm 

slipnslide wrote:
just got back in from a morning session of hip deap pow turns up on Mnt. Ranier, trip was a little scetch due to the fact that i was alone ( big BC no no)... On top of that the road up to paridise has been closed for the last 3 days, so when i got up there first thing this morn there was 18 inches of new, on top of 30 inches from the last few days.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyhue i just ended up takin a bunch of laps up around the Alta vista point, but it yeilded some great rewards. then around 12 noon the weather turned sour some 40 MPH winds came up, and before you know it, its white out blizzard conditions... :shock: :shock: Time to head for the barn. All in all not a bad morning figuring it was supose to rain in the higher elevations this week... ( next time i will remember to charge the batteries in my camara before i leave :? )
That sounds pretty sketchy. That's wide open terrain, and you report high winds. Lots of fresh snow. Avalanche advisory. And you were alone??

Dig any pits? What was the snow doing? Yesterday near Stevens the snow was beginning to form soft slabs even in the trees. I would have hated to be on open slopes exposed to wind.

To each his own, I guess. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:29 pm 

you wont catch me out there alone when NWAC reports HIGH danger and AVALANCHE WARNING...