Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:38 am 

Awesome, jib. I've got PUC memorized, at least up to two years ago anyway. I saw that map way back but discounted it after I noticed a lot of the killer trail wasn't on it. My dog loves PUC more that anyplace else in the world. The weather, my ability to let her roam unattended, wildlife, the ponds, the other trail users.

When I mentioned the trails not holding up I meant in the areas around the stunts that were getting sessioned a lot. I've seen areas like Angwin get trashed right after the stunts come in. Rutted trails...think just below the Squeeze Box rocks. I 100% agree that PUC kicks ass in the winter. We shouldn't be talking about this. :shock: Let's go ride it. I'd be stoked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:20 am 

that wooden kicker is insane. are the pics from BC or WA?

scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:14 pm 

Jim, I read your entire TR on ridemonkey. I have one question for you: do you buy custom pants to accommodate your BIG BRASS BALLS? :shock: Holy shit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:19 pm 

Been off the forum for a while...

Scott - Those pics are from various locations in Whistler and Oregon. The wooden kickers are in Post Canyon (Hood River, OR). The full post on ridemonkey has more details.

pbelitz - I do not in fact have the large brass balls to which you refer. Those would belong to the guys who actually hit the huge wooden ramp gaps. Or maybe that would be large brass balls and no little voice inside the head saying "uh, maybe not today..." :)

Update. I understand there is some white stuff in the Sierras? I'm still in full mountain bike mode here. I'll convert to split mode soon... in the meantime, hoping to check out the mtb goods with jibmaster one of these days (ecobrad I hear you had a fun time out that way recently?!?).

Partly as a result of the eye-opening trips referred to in the original TR, I depleted my "emergency gear fund" on a big bike, better equipped to handle what I've been asking of the poor Enduro:

Tested it out this weekend at a local drop that has been teasing me for a year, but I was always afraid I'd break my bike (or myself). Smooth like butter on the new rig!

On the way down the trail, we saw this guy ripping up the trail on a full-on DH quad. Talked to him at the bottom of the trail. Turns out he works at Santa Cruz Bikes, doing all the frame stress testing and analysis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:41 pm 

Quote:
ecobrad I hear you had a fun time out that way recently?!?).

Hell yeah! Angwin is the shit. I'll spare the details of the trail system but you should DEFINETLY check it out. Lots of stuff I'd love to WATCH you hit. I'm sure jib told you I managed to smack my face on my frame while flying through the air uncontrolibly. It was sweet. :twisted:

I need to come ride with you in SC...but first I want turns. I'm dieing to miss a day of work this week and head to the hills for a powder day. Snow :!: Please :?