Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fissile, Banana Chute
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm 

We've been pretty fortunate in the Coast Mtn's recently. It's been dumping, things are starting to fill in.

I wanted to get up to the Duffey and get in the trees but I went 0 for 9 trying to find some partners the night before so I decided to sleep in and go hit some solo slackcountry lines off Oboe.

The back side of Oboe and Cowboy Ridge were looking good, I was enjoying the view and just after I took this shot at 11 Marc showed up.

Marc didn't have to work till 530 and was going solo to Fissile.
I told him I had to be in the valley to get to work in 4 1/2 hrs, but I couldn't let him go alone so we decided to get on the move( he works for my girlfriend and she would kill me if he couldn't make it to work for a busy Sat night).

We rode down the back of Oboe in some champagne pow, then it was up Cowboy Ridge and across to the back of Fissile. Marc took the lead setting a good pace.

The South Face was in good shape for the bootpack up.

We were on top taking in the view across the Cheakamus drainage of the Castle Towers as it started to go greybird.

Obligatory Black Tusk shot.

I lost the rock/paper/scissors so Marc watched at the rollover as I dropped down the right of the banana.

It was loaded up top and I got some great pow turns then it got chalky, probably from the 140km storm winds earlier in the week.

I pulled over 2/3s of the way down to keep an eye on Marc, he was enjoying the pow....

It started to get windpacked around here....

After he exited I dropped in for some more deep turns and then opened it up......

We took a quick moment to admire our lines and then it was time to get on the move.

View from the Himmelsbach Hut, the Banana goes diagonally lookers right to left and you finish near the bottom back behind the left tree.

Up to Cowboy Ridge again, dropped in for some more mellow pow in the trees and then back to the top of Oboe, Fissile in the background.

4hrs after Marc showed up we were back about to drop in off the Flute col ready for the long traverse back though the ski area to the village. Looking back and zooming in at the front side of Oboe which saw some traffic while we were out.

A quicker paced afternoon than I thought it might be but it was good to open up the lungs and put some work in on the legs.

Many thanks to the crew at Intuition Liners who always keep my feet happy.

Post subject: Re: Fissile, Banana Chute
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:23 pm 

:P

You guys seem to be getting good snow.

Looks good, Oboe is out to the frothers right of Flute right? (only been to whistler once)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm 

Frothers? I think that might be a southern hemisphere word. :scratch:

Nice tr! You guys hauled! Thx for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm 

that sure ain't a slackcountry day.

I'm frothering at the mouth :drool: