Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TAHOE HAS NOT WASHED AWAY
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 pm 

Contrary to popular belief to the mega storm/pinapple express from nov 29-dec 3, 2012 did not wash away the goods at tahoe as long as you could access 8000ft+ terrain. Although it was soggy in downtown south lake tahoe elevation 6200 ft the higher passes yielded quite a bit of snow. We hit Carson Pass snopark on sat dec 1 and were greeted by a 6 ft snowbank. At elev 8577 it was snowing briskly. A little exploratory skin up to 9000ft+ yielded a few pretty nice turns back to the suv.
Sunday was a blowout day as 140 mph winds over the crest closed almost every resort around the basin.
Without any turns on sunday I elected to hang out untill monday and do a little resort skiing. What a great decision I made. With another 12 inches over sunday nite and sunny skies monday I shot up the gondola to some fabulous pow and tree skiing. A couple of pics from Heavenly Valley!!!
Off piste was heavenly

I had a little mishap but if you look at my right pole you see it probing 50 inches. I had a little problem getting back on my gear from lack of bottom

As you can see we didnt get washed out but warmed up for things to come