Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Chilean Andes – Splitboard Adventure –Aug 17-Sep 4, 2012
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 pm 

The vertical relief is hard to comprehend! Some of those faces look freakin hudge. A lot of folks would be stoked to do that trip as a once in a lifetime deal. Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:05 pm 

Thanks for checking it all, and sorry for the fuzzy pictures in spots, there are 4 different cameras going on here and at least one is of pretty low quality. I end up with a lot of photos because I take a lot myself and then 3 other people send me all of thiers too. I like to include lots of pictures of other terrain and possibilitie, not just what we were riding, because then other people might end up going exploring there one day.

Ta Hui: no doubt, there looks to be endless killer rock in Chile, every day there I am seeing some dope looking crack line or arete. Like I said it reminds me of the East Side a lot cause the sun, desert, rock, and steep perfect couloirs everywhere. You would dig it. I miss multi-pitch crack climbing.

mrash: maybe but splitboard.com is also a good place for people to see a bunch of photos that otherwise few people would see. I do have a few non snow related book projects going actually. I would be interested in writing a philisophical book about snowboarding/skiing and its modern state of affairs, sort of like a more radical 21st century version of Deep Powder Snow (excellent book) crossed with Downhill Slide (another important book).

GiulianoPhoto: I suppose I could do that, but someone will have to show me how to create one of those google maps with the points on them? I have went riding in a lot of places but then everytime I turn the corner there is the realization of a thousand more place I will never ride, this world has endless mountains. Long ago I told myself I wanted to see the world by snowboard and as long as it is still possible I will continue the journey.

chronicracing: I am on old punk and never gave up my ideals, they don’t fade away but continue to become more important as the system we live in deteriorates right before our eyes; small-scale autonomous localized communities are the future, at least for those of us who are paying attention. The scholarship of the old NRK philosophers is as relevant today as it ever was and there are many of us still out there fighting. In solidarity with you bro-and don’t forget the potential role a split board can play in the future Transition.

Fustercluck: It’s weird cause a few years ago I would have been all concerned about climbing to the summit of one of those high elevation peaks but as I get older I just like making turns in beautiful places and don’t worry so much about having an agenda. I would like to climb one of those big ones someday, if the snow was good! F**K walking down! And I did not see much of anything up high on those peaks but rock and ice.

BG: exactly! the night before Steepy was describing the line and he said: “It’s reminds me a lot of that main couloir on Emerson, but waaay bigger”. We were thinking the climbers right line was like the Zebra style one and were thinking the couly we hit was more like the main couloir on Emerson, but yeah nice call dude, we were saying the exact same thing. We were also calling it “The Pitchfork on Acid” in reference to a big rock buttress with 3 splitter couloirs going down it in Colorado that we named “The Pitchfork”. You have seen those chutes in that video you posted a while back.

Jefe: yeah man! Lots of visitations by The Others; I always take those encounters seriously and spiritually. Animals have much to teach us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm 

Savage pics and story brother. I like the horse. He seems pretty friendly. You guys should have brought him home. What an adventure. I can't wait to head to Chile!

:rock: :guinness:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 pm 

for gods sake. your trips are truly inspiring. love the south america and russia TR's. amazing couloirs in this one!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 pm 

Stellar as usual Snowsavage; thanks again for bottomless stoke.

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 am 

STOKED!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:09 am 

Unreal trip,so much good weather aswell,well done!

Can anyone give me a legitimate reason for holding ski poles in your hands in snow like that? to me it seems crazy,why not have your hands and arms free to shred and express yourself on that canvas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:30 pm 

Amazing. Epic stoke and entertainment.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 pm 

Your TR's always make the rainbow spinner thing take over my computer for a good 5 minutes, but thats how I know its a good gonna be a good read. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:26 pm 

Looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 pm 

As always...best trip report ever. You always amaze me. And best of all, your not a sponsored rider just a 40 hour blue puker like the rest of us.

Somebody should make a movie with you though. Sorrta joe avearge turns into the incredable hulk. I would pay to see your shit in HD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:45 pm 

Lots of pictures, amazing backcountry, would love to get to s. america someday, looks a lot like NZ, thanks for sharing. 2 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 pm 

Wow! Wow! Wow! Thanks for posting such an awesome TR!!