Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Knee Deep Kvaløy Island

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Knee Deep Kvaløy Island
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 am 

We got our early Christmas present with Samppa and Tommy, after first snow dumb was hitting Kvaløy mountains. We were riding back to home from Tamokdalen`s Tamok Reel ski and film festival when it started to snow like crazy. Last 10 kilometres we have to ride 20 km/h because of heavy snowfall. In that point it was sure that we are going to ski tomorrow. Only problem was that I could barely walk because my old ankle problem was bothering me again. And second problem was that I had night shift before ski day. Well only way to get around this problem was just to ignore it. So I took 4*400mg ibuprofen and I was using whole night and skiing trip my ankle brace. Maybe not recommended, but when you have snow dumb like this, I can`t hang around home. Night shift problem is pretty basic stuff. You just have go skiing without proper sleep. I also carry all my skiing stuff to work. That way I can go right away skiing after shift ends at 8:00 am. That I have done already many times, so my employer was just smiling and shaking head when I came to work with all that stuff. And my employer was also laughing at morning when I was fixing my board stance because of my ankle problems. Well did it work? Lets just say that we got some pow and awesome day! Endless nights here now because sun never comes up, but also almost endless skiing too. And today clouds and mørketid lights were something special.

If you want to see pictures bigger, go to: http://toke1980.blogspot.com/2011/12/early-christmas-present.html

Early start after 2 hours sleep.

beutiful Northern Norway mountains. @ picture Hamperokken

Tommy enjoying endless night

happy man

more mountains above clouds @ Bentsfjortinden...

views towards to Breivikeidet, Balsfjord and Lyngen. All this in Troms region.

Kattfjoreidet valley and famous climbing/skiing place Kvaløy island

mountains Blåmannen, Hollendaren...and moon

chilling at the top

Samppa and powder..

and more powder

Post subject: Re: Knee Deep Kvaløy Island
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 am 

Sweet, thanks for the Trip report. i love hearing about snow in other places of the world.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:57 am 

Looks like a Great Place to wander around

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:12 pm 

riding in perpetual dusk on 2 hours sleep.... sounds pretty surreal! the snow looks worth it though!

(and stiff boots are my ticket to riding with a bum ankle)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:53 am 

It was surreal feeling for sure.

I have Malamute boots, but maybe I need some stiffer boot. But, is there any stiffer boots available? Well hard boots, but...

But now, I just have to narrow my stance little bit and change stance angles.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am 

Beautiful place you have there. Nice pics!