Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seen a Tiger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:01 am 

WOW, this thread has really drifted now. I dont know if I can ever go to San Marcos again

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:15 am 

..."but, I judge this person like I do all people who have stewardship over any animal. They had clean water, were well feed and looked healthy." In what looked to be a 6'X12' (?) steel cage. Not a jungle in India, SE Asia, or Siberia.

"But I will tell you what pisses me off
Coyote Hunts in Wyoming, Idaho ect where local businesses give prizes to the most ears collected.
If you want to do something , work on that
I know they do that all over Idaho"
They do it in Texas as well. I don't think they cut off the ears as the pelts are worth money. Those are considered de-predation hunts. There are too many coyotes. Esp. in areas where there aren't wolves.

I will feel free to criticize anyone who keeps an animal like a tiger in a cage for any use. I am not a fan of any type of zoo,any where in the world. It's FUCKING CRUEL!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 am 

I tried to stay out of this one, as it has nothing at all to do with splitboarding (or even splitbooting), but I think I have to agree with Split.Therapy on this one. Especially in this day and age when you can watch Discovery channel and see what tigers and other animals do in their real habitat, no need to see them lounging in a cage at the zoo. What's difficult for me is that I do eat meat that comes from farmed animals, which is a similar situation. (Just curious, are you a vegetarian ST?) Though I'd prefer to eat wild fish and game exclusively, economics, and occasionally convenience, forces me to eat stuff that really sickens me when I think about where it came from. And as for hunting coyotes (or any other animal), I'd like to hunt every one of those douchebags for "sport". What the fuck is wrong with people who hunt for fun? Feeding yourself is one thing, but collecting trophies for your wall is pathetic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:33 pm 

Tex, I for one am not criticizing you for posting an observation. I think there are alot of people on here who look at disdain the way humans treat animals as if they were put on this earth for us to kill, capture, torture, hunt to extinction, and do with as we please.

It's all related.. animals, the environment, and the human races ability to just f'n destroy anything in it's path..

And BGKnight... If you ever call me, or people who actually give a sh1t about being humane a hippie again. It will be on like Donkey Kong! :duel:

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:02 pm 

Quote:
In what looked to be a 6'X12' (?) steel cage. Not a jungle in India, SE Asia, or Siberia.

Do you realize that the Indian Government pays British Hunters to Kill Bengal Tigers( in their native habitat) because the Locals are tired of getting eaten?

Again, just thought it was pretty cool for me to be that close to a Tiger

What would you have done? Tried to let it go right there?
Quote:
They do it in Texas as well

Not where my family lives. Deer hunting , squirrel and wild hogs yes. But even that is regulated with limited tags. Not full on contest for the most kills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm 

MtnMan, No, actually I'm a hunter. Elk, deer, black bear, grouse, snowshoe hare, waterfowl, etc....

As for sport hunting coyotes. The population is out of control and even with unregulated hunting it doesn't even put a dent in the population. People do eat coyote meat.

As for Tiger hunting. The Indian government pays people to hunt problem tigers.They are few and far between. The Indian government pays people (like me, with my background) to hunt tiger poachers.

No I wouldn't let it go. I don't go to places like that. I don't have the stomach for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:45 pm 

Hey Tex, neat tigers!

This thread:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 pm 

Quote:
black bear

just as strong as your feelings against animals in cages

is my view on people who hunt Black bear

WHY ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:26 pm 

Berry fed black bear is better than the best pork you have ever had.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 pm 

split.therapy wrote:
Berry fed black bear is better than the best pork you have ever had.

That quote made your whole argument go right down the toilet for me! You've got to be kidding, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 pm 

split.therapy wrote:
Berry fed hippy is better than the best pork you have ever had.

fyp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 am 

Why? Because I hunt for food? Because I'd rather eat bear meat than a swine from some factory farm. Would you rather I kill a bear for the sake of killing it. Do you think I'm a hypocrite because I hunt but don't agree with keeping animals in cages. Animals that don't belong on this continent in the first place.

Get this, I have never seen a Grizzly Bear in a zoo. I have had 12 close encounters with grizzlies in the wild. On 2 occasions I have had them sniff me. In one of those the bear rubbed against me.

I don't shoot captive animals or hunt in an enclosure. I don't bait bears. I hunt wild bears. Their primary food source are berries. I take part in the natural order of life. I hunt for food as my ancestors did before me. I'm Native American.

Hunting isn't as easy as city folks think it is. It's not as if the animals are standing around waiting for you. I don't hunt in a blind over a feeder. I hike hundreds of miles. Climb thousands of vertical feet. Spend hours and hours glassing from ridge tops. I may not see one animal that I can ethically take. It's hard and often frustrating work. When I do take an animal it's even harder work. It can take 2 days of hauling 4 or more 100 lb. loads of antlers,hide, meat, bone and organs over miles of difficult terrain to get an elk out of the mountains.

Why does that kill my whole argument? You have to be kidding right?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:21 am 

Your opions of where you get your food and the moral high ground you hold for yourself are just that.....your opion

Quote:
Would you rather I kill a bear for the sake of killing it

In my opion ( and it is JUST that) there isnt any difference.
Theres no need to kill a black bear unless it is a direct threat

And NO IM NOT KIDDING.

You keep putting out how your methods of life are better, That fine just keep in mind it YOUR opion of yourself.

I dont hunt, dont fish dont own a gun. I shop at Vons and eat domesticated farmed meat. Thats what I do. I happy with it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next