Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Subaru Forester Diesel
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:11 pm 

Actually, there is an explanation...

Subaru was one of the first big companies to target gay and lesbians in their advertizing. I seem to remember that they made national headlines by advertising in several gay and lesbian publications back when that sort of thing was a big deal. Maybe that's created a certain amount of loyalty in the lesbian community that persists to this day. However, I think that before placing their ads Subaru did some excellent market research. Luca mistakenly thinks of the lesbian asthetic as 'butch' when in reality it's more like 'boxy'. I can't explain it, but they love their Foresters, their Tercel Wagons, their Accord Wagons, their mullet haircuts... not so much gigantic trucks.

Quote:
I love my Subaru. I love women. But I also love diversity so long live whatever it takes for people to live side by side in harmony.

Amen to that brother. It's easy for me to make jokes because there's lots o' diversity in my neck of the woods. My lesbian massage therapist (really strong hands, by the way) and I joke about the asthetic all the time.