Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Product and Gear reviews
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:05 pm 

I am trying to help set up a product and gear review section here on splitbpard.com. There is a thread going about the idea and all feedback would be bitchin. Check it out!

Cheers, Ryan

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12262

Post subject: Re: Product and Gear reviews
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 am 

I would like to see a section specifically for industry & manufacturers to post info as well. I'm always challenged with sharing info on the other threads and yet not come off like I'm pimping my products. Some other sites that I visit offer this and it's a great resource to get info directly for the source. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:06 pm 

I don't think industry types should get special attention unless the compensate bcrider to his satisfaction. Otherwise his only source of steady income goes away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:51 pm 

Ecobrad wrote:
I don't think industry types should get special attention unless the compensate bcrider to his satisfaction. Otherwise his only source of steady income goes away.

Six retailers, that compensate bcrider, support most if not all the brands that I represent for. Any posted info by a manufacture that offers useful info that then translates to someone on here clicking on one of those six retailer's websites and making a purchase equals compensation for bcrider. I encourage everyone I know to purchase their products through Splitboard.com if at all possible.

I'm curious how you would think his only source of income would be taken away if manufactures were offered some "special attention" on his site? The way I see it, and I know it works for another website moderator / friend of mine, that it can actually increase compensation because it allows everyone access to info that's directly from the source (i.e. product designer, company president, sales rep). It also builds a level of trust and confidence when manufactures can directly interact with their user groups. Forums are one of the best platforms to gather info and understand what their customers are actually experiencing with or speculating about their products.

IMO by having a dedicated section for "industry types" allows manufacturers to communicate with everyone about what they offer, what's up & coming in the future, any pertaining product info, any product recalls and/or warranty issues, etc, etc... They only times I've really been able to post any product info or news on here (and I'm not the only one) is usually in response to someone's post looking for info on something and me responding "Have you checked out this brand or product yet?" I'm not too keen on doing it this way and would prefer a dedicated area here to post. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 am 

Quote:
Six retailers, that compensate bcrider, support most if not all the brands that I represent for.

I'm just saying that the advertisers should get special attention when it comes to gear. Voile thread, hell yeah they've supported chris forever. But should a corporate giant who just came into splitting and won't throw a measly few hundred/thousand bucks his way get a platform to slang their shit? NO.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:07 am 

I've made the decision to no longer post any gear recommendations from the companies that I represent. I will only be posting about gear that I personally use... if I even bother to post.

As much as I've enjoyed informing those on here that share the same passion(s), I also see that it can come off unprofessional in some instances and may cause some conflict. As a result and out of respect for Bcrider and the companies that I represent, I think it's best that I keep quiet. Thanks for all of the memories. :wink:

Note: I've already started the process of deleting my posts that I feel need to be removed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:39 pm 

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the late reply...

As a product rep with years of experience and being a friend from before splitboard.com, you're all good.

There's a difference between talking about and recommending gear you rep (and believe in) vs someone coming on trying to sell products directly to our members without some sort of agreement. I'll let you know if it becomes an issue.

Maybe for full disclosure add the brands you rep in your signature or during those discussions. Recommend folks get those products through our affiliate links too. :)

No need to delete your posts...

Hope all is well