Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:09 pm
Posts: 330
Location: Colorado
I can barrow a set of axes but don't have any crampons. Would it be worth bring the axes? Thanks' guys, looking forward to seeing some new terrain!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Calgary AB
keffler wrote:
I can barrow a set of axes but don't have any crampons. Would it be worth bring the axes? Thanks' guys, looking forward to seeing some new terrain!


I second this, I don't have a ice axe or crampons, are we talking necessities or just a really good precautionary measure?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 608
Location: Lander, WY
You don't have to have those tools at all. There are more than plenty of 800-5000 vertical foot shots that don't require ax or poons. Personally, I want to ride steep and rowdy lines if conditions permit. Those lines do require ax and poons. I plan on riding a day with Tex and FullersOh2 and the line we are planning usually has ice partway through it.

We will give you plenty of options for mellow terrain, medium terrain, hard terrain, and fuggin' rowdy terrain. Go as big or little as you would like. There are options for all, but it is up to you as you are responsible for your ability and yourself. Some people just come to drink beer....wait, no they don't.

Should I bring the projector and computer again for people to watch trip reports or movies? Anyone have movies they would like to bring?

_________________
Let us come together Off-Piste in a peaceful fashion!
http://www.dunoirfishing.com
http://www.ramshornguestranch.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 am
Posts: 815
Location: Bozeman, MT
I'm driving down from Bozeman on Thursday night. Treepilot, if our schedules overlap we can carpool. I'll be headed back to Bozeman on Sunday afternoon.

Yellowstone roads aren't open in winter so you need to go through Idaho, over Teton Pass, then NE to Togwotee.

_________________
http://samh.net/snowboarding/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Calgary AB
Wyomingsplit_ride wrote:
You don't have to have those tools at all. There are more than plenty of 800-5000 vertical foot shots that don't require ax or poons. Personally, I want to ride steep and rowdy lines if conditions permit. Those lines do require ax and poons. I plan on riding a day with Tex and FullersOh2 and the line we are planning usually has ice partway through it.

We will give you plenty of options for mellow terrain, medium terrain, hard terrain, and fuggin' rowdy terrain. Go as big or little as you would like. There are options for all, but it is up to you as you are responsible for your ability and yourself. Some people just come to drink beer....wait, no they don't.

Should I bring the projector and computer again for people to watch trip reports or movies? Anyone have movies they would like to bring?


Ok cool, thanks Wyomingsplit_ride. That answers my question perfectly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 pm
Posts: 256
Since there are multiple types of lines to ride, I assume there will be groups hitting various terrain? Since I do not have axe or cramps as well I do not believe I will be able to handle the rowdy terrain.

_________________
My journey to becoming an Ironman
http://ironmaninthesnow.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 am
Posts: 815
Location: Bozeman, MT
Snowvols wrote:
Since there are multiple types of lines to ride, I assume there will be groups hitting various terrain? Since I do not have axe or cramps as well I do not believe I will be able to handle the rowdy terrain.


There is pretty much every time of terrain you can imagine and groups will form and split off each day.

_________________
http://samh.net/snowboarding/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 608
Location: Lander, WY
samH-Pieps wants to use one of your photos from last year as a plug for ScrubFest on their facebook page. Is this ok?

_________________
Let us come together Off-Piste in a peaceful fashion!
http://www.dunoirfishing.com
http://www.ramshornguestranch.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:23 pm
Posts: 174
what section of that tetons will we be riding/touring in?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:55 am
Posts: 1021
Location: Wasatch
jeri...
haven't been to scrubfest before but from previous years reports most touring is done around the togwotee pass area which isn't the teton range. all of the touring in the tetons it is totally condition dependent as in general the tetons are a lot gnarly then the wasatch, and not a place you want to be when things are questionable. not to say there isn't terrain you can't ride on high/considerable danger days, but generally those aren't the lines worth making the drive for.

_________________
"it's like having fun, only different..."
http://www.facebook.com/danzgatesphoto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm
Posts: 88
Just ordered a new Mammut beeper for the occasion to replace my old Ortovox F-1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 608
Location: Lander, WY
There are many options in the Tetons and it is not all that far depending what you are looking for. You cannot go wrong between the pass and the park. All of the secrets are given up Tom Turiano's book that I referenced in the first page. Soooooo many options. You cannot come to Wyoming and not ride in the Tetons. Even if it means hitting the resort in nip deep conditions.

Togwotee was variable to very nice this weekend. Keep posted for a preview. :rock:

_________________
Let us come together Off-Piste in a peaceful fashion!
http://www.dunoirfishing.com
http://www.ramshornguestranch.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LAST Annual ScrubFest, 2011
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm
Posts: 88
FYI, there's a bus from Salt Lake to Jackson for $70 ow.

http://mountainstatesexpress.com/jackso ... ecity.html


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group