Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spark/Splitboard newbie needs to dial in the setup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:03 pm 

After more than a year of procrastination, I finally pulled the trigger on a splitboard set-up a few weeks ago. I snapped up one of the remaining Spark Fuse bindings and purchased a 2010 Burton S-Series 168cm on sale. I hit the backcountry a few days later for my first splitboard adventure and spent the day sessioning a bowl near Mount Rose in Tahoe.

Skinning up was fairly straightforward for someone who has never been on skis. I got into some trouble dealing with steep traverses and hopefully I'll improve with practice. I will also get hold of some skin wax and dual-height climbing heels.

Riding down was super fun! It pretty much feels like a 'real' snowboard! However I suspect that I need to make some adjustments to the puck placement on the board.

For starters, I think the bindings were sliding around fore/aft on the pucks so I may need to reposition them. The Voile guide mentions 7-5/8" as the target width. Is this still the case with the Fuse bindings? Perhaps I should try and set them up so that the pin slides in more snug.....

Also, are most folks satisfied with the response of the highback? I've been thinking about modifying some old Burton carbon highbacks but I should probably dial in the puck placement first.

----
Yemi