Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 pm 

Holy s@#t! I made it to #1! Unfortunately, a broken fibula will keep me off my board for a few weeks, and med bills need to be paid. Maybe I'll get some for some epic spring tours I'm hoping to get in. I've been jonesing to try the sparks for a while, and now that I see all the positive feedback, I'm jonesing even more.

Post subject: sparkys
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 am 

Whats up Will I e-mailed you a couple times about getting on the waiting list.My name is Peter Lynn so you might see a waiting list request through some other ave.I not sure if I've gotten through to you so I figured I post a request on here.I know your busy as shit so no worries peace out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:47 pm 

Took my split out with ignitions on its maiden voyage today. I can't offer a comparison as today was the first time I've been on a split, but I can offer a comparison of someone with no split experience on a split to a solid board: no difference. Conditions were soft so I'm sure mileage varies with ice/crust/crud maybe even corn. But riding that board (S 68) with those bindings...just like riding pow on my baron except no shoes on my back.

It was rad. Splits are coolest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:37 am 

BastrdSonOfElvis wrote:
Took my split out with ignitions on its maiden voyage today. I can't offer a comparison as today was the first time I've been on a split, but I can offer a comparison of someone with no split experience on a split to a solid board: no difference. Conditions were soft so I'm sure mileage varies with ice/crust/crud maybe even corn. But riding that board (S 68) with those bindings...just like riding pow on my baron except no shoes on my back.

It was rad. Splits are coolest.

Sweet, dude. Glad you enjoyed your maiden voyage. Your stoked.

Post subject: Ride or Bent?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:50 am 

Question for Will.

I was going to email you, but I thought others might want to know too.

When are you going to switch production to G2/G3? Next season?

I'm pretty far down the list (106 from 141 though: I'm getting there!), should I still be looking for Bent Metals? I've seen plenty of Rides, so it got me thinking.

Cheers,

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:12 pm 

Ed, you don't have to get Bent Metals, the kit you order from Will has everything you need.

I just got mine. YeeeeEEEaa, buttery smooth on the voile pucks right out of the box, massive improvement, mainly in board/binding connection, attachment and pin system, as well as the highback quick adjust... can't wait to ride'em, there was a little bonus item in there too ;) yah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:29 pm 

Will,

I just thought I would point out that you just shipped me pads in a padded envelope. Did you think they would break in the mail? :lol: At least there wasn't any duct tape this time :wink:

Just giving you a hard time again bud, thanks for the pads.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:24 am 

If anybody is on the list and doesn't want to wait, I'm selling a pair of last year's bent metal missionary binders that I don't need. They are brand spankin new. You can buy these and buy Will's baseplates which I think he has a surplus of, right Will?

The binders are silver and the straps are a little different than this years. They're yours for $110, about $40 off. Pick up along 50 in CO or pay for shipping. They even come in Will's famous duck tape box!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:46 am 

Negatory BSOE, I'm out of baseplates right now. More are on the way from my sheetmetal guys. I'll start a new thread when the new ones are coming off the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:31 pm 

Congrats, Will... that rules!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:50 am 

saw a pic in another thread of these mounted up on a pair of drakes. i know it would take you a TON of effort to check the fitment on every binding out there, but do these baseplates generally fit most other binders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:21 pm 

bcrider wrote:
karma surf wrote:
The sliding on/off is spectacular

I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I'll try putting different pucks on.

Are most people using well-seasoned pucks for easy out-of-the-box fit with Sparks? How much sanding have people with new pucks been having to do?

I have new pucks and have sanded the heck out of them. Both the top, sides, and bottom of the 'slider' area. I can finally slide the binders most of the way on with excessive force. To get them off I've had to sit with the board flat on the floor, shoes on top holding the board flat to the floor, and straining while pulling with both hands and entire upper body. Whew! :x The pucks are aligned and the Voile tracks go on and off easily. Guess I'll keep sanding away...

I also noted that the bottom rivets on the binders run on the topsheet. I put a strip of duct tape on the board to protect it (new Mojo 166) when sanding and the rivet heads have been tearing the tape. Guessing they should be that close (?). I do have the gaskets under the pucks.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:47 pm 

radam wrote:
bcrider wrote:
karma surf wrote:
The sliding on/off is spectacular

I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I'll try putting different pucks on.

Are most people using well-seasoned pucks for easy out-of-the-box fit with Sparks? How much sanding have people with new pucks been having to do?

I have new pucks and have sanded the heck out of them. Both the top, sides, and bottom of the 'slider' area. I can finally slide the binders most of the way on with excessive force. To get them off I've had to sit with the board flat on the floor, shoes on top holding the board flat to the floor, and straining while pulling with both hands and entire upper body. Whew! :x The pucks are aligned and the Voile tracks go on and off easily. Guess I'll keep sanding away...

I also noted that the bottom rivets on the binders run on the topsheet. I put a strip of duct tape on the board to protect it (new Mojo 166) when sanding and the rivet heads have been tearing the tape. Guessing they should be that close (?). I do have the gaskets under the pucks.

Thanks.

I have none of those problems on fairly new pucks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next