Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:09 pm 

Oh yeah, fwiw other than the attaching padding on the highback I saw no need for ANY mods to this system after 2 full days of touring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:35 pm 

stomppow wrote:
what are your mod ideas already? :)

The highback.

I'm not a fan of the bent metal highback and I don't think adding some padding will help. Not a big deal though, I can put other ones on. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 pm 

Telegirl strikes again! No waiting period for the ladyfriend. If you guys are stoked on your bindings you'll have to buy Becca a beer at scrubfest for putting up with my schedule for the last few months. You can't do better than a girl that will spend her whole sunday cleaning your shop so you can get things done, and she loves to ski the BC too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:54 pm 

bcrider wrote:
stomppow wrote:
what are your mod ideas already? :)

The highback.

I'm not a fan of the bent metal highback and I don't think adding some padding will help. Not a big deal though, I can put other ones on. :)

What about the BM highback specifically? And do Burton highbacks fit? I know you've had a set and have tinkered a little. I have a set of Mission Cartels and 2 sets of P1's, so if the BM highbacks suck I sure hope one of the others I have fit.

UB

Post subject: Spark bindings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:26 am 

117 stumpalama

SWEEET! I like the black bases! Fo sho!
Nice work Will, and congrats on getting the production up and running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:25 pm 

This is great news. I've been using the last run of the out-of-production Burton Interface on an S-series 165 for 2 years. Last week I mounted the voile interface to my new 06/07 S-series 168. IMO the old Burton interface gives WAY BETTER board feel. Just look how much more contact area the Burton interface has when compared to the Voile interface. Yes, there are ice-up problems (lube fixed that) and sure the elevators were destroyed within 1 year but I came up with some Pipe Bomb Elevators.
Anyway The Ignition Split Bindings look as thought they will out perform both the Voile and Burton interface. I can not wait to find out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:31 pm 

Bought and paid for baby..............bought and paid for!!!!!!!!!

Roll on brother Will!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:40 am 

There's an option for those of you who have been waiting and just can't wait no more. I made an agreement with Jay Moore, owner of world boards to do a limited release of bindings with him while working on filling the orders of people who have been waiting for a long time. I sold Jay five sets of bindings, two of which are going on the shop splits, the other three sets are for sale. In order to make a good margin Jay is marking them up to $399, so if time is more important than money this may be a good option for you. The number for world boards is 888.360.1080 or 406.587.1707, and you can check them out on the web at www.worldboards.com.

Thanks for your support! I'll be assembling more sets for shipment today, and then closing the factory for a week while we head home for christmas. I hope all of you have a good one, if that's what you're in to. Or in the words of BSOE, happy Kwanzaa, Muthaphukka!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:57 am 

Received my Ignitions yesterday, threw them on the scale next to my C60/slider track rig. I just shaved .5 lbs on each foot, have a more stable platform, and "on the fly" highback adjustability for the ups/downs. Nothing like a new toy before a big 4 day weekend of nailing it! Thanks Will, you just added more vert to my days... Best Wishes Spark R&D, and Happy Holidays!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:51 pm 

karma surf wrote:
Received my Ignitions yesterday, threw them on the scale next to my C60/slider track rig. I just shaved .5 lbs on each foot, have a more stable platform, and "on the fly" highback adjustability for the ups/downs. Nothing like a new toy before a big 4 day weekend of nailing it! Thanks Will, you just added more vert to my days... Best Wishes Spark R&D, and Happy Holidays!!!

There you have it! If it's good enough for KS of Voile it's good enough for me. Payment sent. Looking forward to trying them. These may get me out of my hardboots for BC pow days. Still think I'll rock hardboots on days with icy skin tracks and up and down exits though.

Thanks Will! Looking forward to getting them.

UB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:28 am 

Unruly Baker wrote:
What about the BM highback specifically?

Specifically, they are too small and do not have enough padding for my old-man calves. The design is a little wack too where the metal and plastic highback meet. It basically produces a hotspot (see foam kit that ships with the bindings).

I swapped out the straps too. The Burton straps are just a little nicer and fit my Burton boots better than the BMs.

Mod was easy, I just need to trim the lower part of the Burton highback so it can lay flat now that I've tested them. Here are some pics.

Having tested them yesterday, all I can say is FKNA!!! These things rule performance-wise and the weight reductions were definitely noticed on the skin track. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:39 am 

hot damn those things look sexy. i have been planning doing a similar mod cause i am also a burton bindings slut. i picked up a cheap pair of 2-3 yr old missionaries on ebay for cheap which i plan to use for the heelcups...cheaper than getting them fabbed here in town most likely. they also have same highback as the one will is currently offering only in carbon fiber. i'm gonna check it out and see how they work, then either mod my cfx highbacks or get some team skybacks. i am also planning on using my leather burton boothaus straps and capstraps with the 2 piece ratchets that i love so much. anyhow, nice mod...i wish companies would send me as much gear as they send you. doesn't seem like you have any shortage of it.
chris

164 Never Summer Titan with Burton C60's
164 Burton Custom X
163 Never Summer T5 (Frankenboard...its ALIVE!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:25 am 

Greetings from Minnesota!

I am back here for the week to hang out with the fam for christmas, so the factory is shut down for a few days.

From the designer's perspective I went with the bent metal's because they are a minimalist binding, attach easily to the baseplates, and have the forward lean cube which is perfect for splitting. I rode these last year when my boots were pretty spry and didn't have any issues with them.

I put in a few resort days on them this year with my boots more broken in and noticed a hot spot on my heel where the plastic highback ends at the bottom. To fix this I designed some foam pieces which I had laser cut and attached them around the highback to eliminate the pressure. If you have well broken in boots you may feel a hot spot, if your boots are brand new and have thick liners you may not feel a thing. I'm not attaching the foam at the shop because I don't want to put anything on these binders that you don't need. So that's the scoop. I'm stoked to see some other parts modded on there, it's all about choice and getting your setup dialed in. If we all had it exactly our way there wouldn't be two identical rides out there.

Thanks for posting that BCR, you'll have to let us know how they run.

Made it past the solstice everybody, more sunshine from here on out!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next