Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:45 pm 

well, no matter how poor i am, i guess as #1 on the list i have no excuse not to get some this season. :D :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:47 pm 

Nice, I'll ride'em without the padding, and get a set of crampons whenever you come out with them (I assume the voile crampons don't work with the Ignitions) No rush, thanks so much for all the work you've put in!

it seems I'm #88 as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:38 pm 

What kind of boots were the size 12s that worked? I have size 12 malamutes and I'd sure like a set of these...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:16 pm 

I also have size 12 Malamutes. I just measured the sole--12.45"x4.5"

I know you posted the baseplate demension but I couldn't find the thread.

Anyways, I'm in fo sho if they fit. Congrats on the progress. At this rate you'll make, what, $1.00/hour. Hang in there, the rewards are over the long haul. Can't wait to ride them!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:32 pm 

Rode a test pair up in beehive basin this past weekend - you all will not be disappointed, they excelled in every category and fully live up to the "hype". Worth every hard earned or shady penny.

My feeling: Once you go Spark you'll never go back.

Thanks Will, see ya later this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 am 

GiggidyGiggidyGiggidy

Those look sweet. I don't know how I got to be #15 on the list, but I ain't complainin'.

Will, I'll be in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:01 am 

DentalFlossTycoon wrote:
Rode a test pair up in beehive basin this past weekend

Any thoughts on the Bent Metal highbacks DFT? These bindings rock for sure but the highback concerns me. It looks like my C60 highbacks will work with some mod-work and I should be able to add my toe-cap straps too. 8)

Dremel and beers tonight...finally ridding on Thursday-Friday. :thatrocks:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:03 am 

powderjunkie wrote:
You suck Chris. :twisted: Can you ride on friday? :D

That's the plan! You rollin'?

Holla! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:39 am 

I edited my original post regarding sizing, check it out.

BCR: The mods coming already? Sweet! I encourage everyone to hack and modify their stuff so it suits them. As you might guess I'm a total DIY kinda guy, and I would like to see the attitude towards products change, with more people doing their own mods to tune things just right for themselves. I'll post the good mods on my website, and they might get incorporated into future designs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:18 am 

bcrider wrote:
DentalFlossTycoon wrote:
Rode a test pair up in beehive basin this past weekend

Any thoughts on the Bent Metal highbacks DFT? These bindings rock for sure but the highback concerns me. It looks like my C60 highbacks will work with some mod-work and I should be able to add my toe-cap straps too. 8)

Dremel and beers tonight...finally ridding on Thursday-Friday. :thatrocks:

I had no problem with them, the pair I used had the extra padding in place at the bottom of the high back to make up for possible discomfort from the connection of the plastic high back to the metal swing arm. If you have a hot spot in this place, I recommend applying the padding Will includes. (the hot spot typically is near the top of your achilles - perhaps good idea to test to see if you feel any protrusion through your boot before a full day of touring)

I also tried the most relaxed angle setting for the highback for touring and then switching to the most forward lean for riding. I guess this was a decent advantage but then again I simply left it in the most forward position for the rest of the weekend which didn't bother me at all. The less I have to remember to change at transition the better - worked fine for me.

No need to attach someone elses cap strap as the bent metal toe strap works as a cap or toe, which ever you prefer, give it a try before you attach someone else's cap. I rode all weekend using Mervin's toe strap as a cap.

Other observations:

We have some bc areas here where I the out track is up and down and sort of long where a switch to ski mode is an advantage for getting out - the Spark binding makes the split ski a lot better and this is where I really noticed the stiffness of this binding has an advantage - making turns/slowing down on a fast packed out track, skinning up off fall line and gasp...skiing pow (yup, I'll be tellying this biatch exclusively by the end of the season) ;) The Sparks of course add overall stiffness to the boards ride in ride mode - another definite advantage but they def. are not too stiff.

I rode them on a voile mojo 171 - holy shit this strap style set up is LIGHT a bomber set up for solid and light. Simplifies the the whole strap style system in all areas - transition, riding, pin insertion etc.

Plain and simple they Rock - I doubt I will ever mount a voile base plate to a typical binder again after getting these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:28 am 

Hey, Will! Why aren't I #1 on the binder list?

I've been putting up with you and your "great ideas" for years ... doesn't that count for something? :wink:

Just so you all know, this guy has been working from 6am-10pm for the last 3 months. I FINALLY got him to go skiing (or, you guys probably call it shredding) with me on Sunday - perfect bluebird day - but of course, that means that y'all will get your bindings one day later ... deal with it!

Seriously, thanks for all the support, split-nerds. You guys are great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:01 am 

awesome will,
got your email last night. very psyched as we've been splitting alot lately and can't wait to get my paws on a pair. just out of curiosity sakes, could you or bcr post the following dimensions for me

1. width of binding between sides of the heelcup where the heelcup attaches (with heelcup in place but no screws, the open space between)

2. length distance from center of front heelcup mounting hole to back of the actual heelcup

3.distance between heelcup mounting holes on the sides of the actual spark baseplate, center to center ( i know there is like 5 holes, just wanna know distance between one to the next)

4. height distance from center of heelcup mount hole and the top of the heelcup

i have a few ideas and this will help me decide between completes or just baseplates. thanks a bunch in advance, i'll be in touch in the next few days to get paid up.
chris

164 Never Summer Titan with Burton C60's
164 Burton Custom X
163 Never Summer T5 (Frankenboard...its ALIVE!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:42 pm 

ah whatever I'm sure you can hack it
what are your mod ideas already? :)
I'll just pick the completes up and ride em a bunch, and think about mods as time goes on (seems as if useful personal customizations to these bindings will only be minimal, since they are the PERFECT general splitboarding binding for everyone)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next