Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:55 am 

Big Jay: We'll get you taken care of by next season for sure, I'm not shutting down production any time soon with a waiting list like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:17 pm 

I don't know much about much but check this out. My Ignition II's arrived today. Within minutes I had verified that they very snugly fit onto my pucks with no issues. Tight is right, yeah! I slid them onto my vert mod with pucks. There was not quite enough clearance for pin insertion, so about three strokes of the file, perfect.

Wait, what about weight? Board with voile sliders and Rome Targa SDS bindings combined 14.8 pounds. Board with Ignition II's 12.8 pounds. What the HELL? One pound per foot, closer to the board...KILLER. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

Pre-ride stoked! I'm sure I will love them as much as each of you. Thanks Will.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 am 

I just sent an e-mail to Will about putting me on the waiting list, and sincerely hope I can become number 252 to get Ignition 2s.

My reasoning: I´m ordering a 1400 dollar splitboard from Bentley, why skimp on bindings?
Because I´m utterly poor and go to university? That might be a good reason, but I can eat flour if need be. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:55 pm 

Okay, I finally got to use my Sparks R&D Ignition II's. I used them skinning, on my verts (puck mod) and riding. Freaking lightweight, zero needs for adjustments, perfect fit, great comfort, plenty supportive. Thanks Will, I like so many before me are rocked by these binders. With the ridiculous money I have spent on gear this year, this was my finest investment. Mine are simple, solid and super comfortable.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject: wills bindings
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:02 am 

thanks Will for my new bindings will!theyare well made.a big thank you for your tech support after the sale.i am impressed with wills helpful attitude!i learned that my prior khyber 165 tapered board needs offset crampons.at first my new crampons did not fit on my deck.they rubbed on the one side.between will and Chris Prior a solution was found.Will made offset crampons for me.the way that Will and Chris look after a customer after a sale is very refreshing to see.well done both of you!my three year old,very well used khyber is as solid today as as when i got it.that is why i have more than one prior deck in my quiver!same as my partners.prior decks and skis are the standard with us on the island here!Wills bindings are the next! these bindings just make sense.stong and simple. thanks Ed.

Post subject: Re: Spark R & D Split Specific Bindings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 pm 

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm totally stoked! The only gripe I have was that the box was too well sealed and I couldn't get it open fast enough!

I did a little carpet riding and I was very impressed. I really like how much they make my split feel like a regular snowboard. The thing I like the best is that the entire base of the bindings comes into contact with the board. This makes twisting the board much more efficient. All and all a great product, I'm very impressed. Thanks Will!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:46 am 

Heh, mine has been stuck in Norwegian customs for a week. Probably due to make a phonecall. Also looking very much forward to putting them on my splitter.

Igneous custom R/R 175, Union Force DLXs
NS Heritage 162, Rome 390s
Boots: Mallies.
http://www.angrysnowboarder.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:23 am 

arild wrote:
Heh, mine has been stuck in Norwegian customs for a week. Probably due to make a phonecall. Also looking very much forward to putting them on my splitter.

:shock: Oh no, scary! I hope mine get trough! A friend are sending them as a gift.. :ninja:

/Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 pm 

Mine arrived yesterday, out-of-the-box I'm very impressed! :thumpsup: Now I just need the snow to start flying so I can get in some turns (though hoping it holds off for 3 more weeks so I can squeeze in Snake Dike before November). Will, BRAVO!!! :bow:

165 Venture Divide, Spark Franken-Burner, LaSportiva Spantik
163W Jones Solution, Phantom Alphas, Dynafit TLT5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:27 pm 

The binders are pretty much awesome. Had to remove the gaskets to get full on contact,but they are where they should be now. Anyone using restraints on their solid sticks?seem sturdy enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 pm 

i got mine a while back but didn't get round to riding them untill this weekend just passed.

they are the most comfortable binding i have ever ridden, and make my split feel close to a normal board. Very impressed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:28 pm 

arild wrote:
Had to remove the gaskets to get full on contact,but they are where they should be now.

Interesting regarding the lack of gaskets. Do they still slide on and off the pucks easily? I didn't use them when I first got my Sparks but had issue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:45 am 

Heh. In living room temps, sure - slides on and off like a breeze. Not so certain about the functionality in temps below freezing, though - will find out soon enough. Will tells me I should keep the gaskets on, to preserve the topsheet of the splitter, and it does make sense. Topsheet scratching is more cosmetic than anything, though, so I'm not too worried about that factor. If it gets tough to slide on and off in the cold temps, I'll reconsider. :)

Finally figured about on-the-fly-Mr.Chomps-attachment last night, which I'm stoked on. I feel a bit stupid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next