Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums






It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am
Posts: 152
Location: Canada
Will these be available for seperate purchase to toss on last year's blaze?

I'd like to have some backups to throw in the backpack just in case, and I'd like to use the genuine items rather then franken-graft some of my old stuff on.

Just curious, and if so - how do we get them? Will they be in the webstore when its up, or do we need to contact Will?

Fresh turns are just aroudn the corner! :bananas:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 am
Posts: 117
Location: Kirkland, WA
I found this kit the other day for $25 @ Tactics. Evo and a number of other places are selling them too.

Image

Search for 'Spark R&D Backcountry Kit' to find a bunch of places that carry them.

Here's a link to the Tactics site where i got the photo from.
http://www.tactics.com/spark-rd/backcountry-kit

_________________
Mt Baker Splitfest - March 28th to 30th, 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Cupertino, CA
DrownedRat wrote:
I found this kit the other day for $25 @ Tactics. Evo and a number of other places are selling them too.

Image

Search for 'Spark R&D Backcountry Kit' to find a bunch of places that carry them.

Here's a link to the Tactics site where i got the photo from.
http://www.tactics.com/spark-rd/backcountry-kit


Looks like the full burner upgrade kit is available as well.

http://www.tactics.com/spark-rd/burner-upgrade-kit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:03 pm
Posts: 345
Location: Stockton, CA
That is a nice little kit. I hope other binding mfg follow suit. Looks like Burton may have provided Spark with more than just straps, the packaged little accessories give a nice Burton look and feel, haha! =)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 am
Posts: 117
Location: Kirkland, WA
tiltedworld wrote:

Looks like the full burner upgrade kit is available as well.

http://www.tactics.com/spark-rd/burner-upgrade-kit


Nice, I missed that. Seems like a pretty good deal for new highbacks and straps.

_________________
Mt Baker Splitfest - March 28th to 30th, 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am
Posts: 152
Location: Canada
Right on thanks for the link, exactly what I'm after :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 am
Posts: 799
Location: Bozeman, MT
The upgrade kit, as linked about is the easiest way to get 'hold of the new Burton straps (as well as the Burner highbacks). The Backcountry Kit as photographed above doesn't contain enough parts to swap out your old stuff but is rather intended as a spare-parts kit to carry in the event of something breaking or getting lost in the backcountry.

_________________
http://samh.net/snowboarding/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am
Posts: 152
Location: Canada
So the kit is basically straps/ladders and a single ratchet for one binding?

In other words, you'd need two to do a complete upgrade of the old blaze ratchets?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am
Posts: 152
Location: Canada
NVM, according to EVO.com, one kit includes *exactly* what is in the picture.

So, in order to outfit old blazes with a completely new ratchet system all around, you'll need 4 sets to get 4 ratchets, and you'll end up with 4 extra straps/ladders.

I ordered 2 so I can at least get my ankle straps up to date. EVO only has 1 left in stock ATM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 am
Posts: 117
Location: Kirkland, WA
classicauto wrote:
So the kit is basically straps/ladders and a single ratchet for one binding?

In other words, you'd need two to do a complete upgrade of the old blaze ratchets?


samh is correct, the kit I posted is for BC repairs. To replace all the straps the Burner upgrade would be the easy way to do that with a set of extra high backs. Or contact Spark directly and see what you can work out with them for just the straps.

_________________
Mt Baker Splitfest - March 28th to 30th, 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 am
Posts: 799
Location: Bozeman, MT
classicauto wrote:
So, in order to outfit old blazes with a completely new ratchet system all around, you'll need 4 sets to get 4 ratchets, and you'll end up with 4 extra straps/ladders...


In order to update an old set of Blazes you should have purchased the "Burner Upgrade Kit" not a bunch of "Backcountry Kits".

_________________
http://samh.net/snowboarding/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Cupertino, CA
samh wrote:
classicauto wrote:
So, in order to outfit old blazes with a completely new ratchet system all around, you'll need 4 sets to get 4 ratchets, and you'll end up with 4 extra straps/ladders...


In order to update an old set of Blazes you should have purchased the "Burner Upgrade Kit" not a bunch of "Backcountry Kits".


One thing not clear on the upgrade kit is whether it comes with toe straps or not. A full upgrade should include both, because the Burton hardware is where most are looking for as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Blaze straps
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 am
Posts: 152
Location: Canada
samh wrote:
In order to update an old set of Blazes you should have purchased the "Burner Upgrade Kit" not a bunch of "Backcountry Kits".


tiltedworld wrote:
One thing not clear on the upgrade kit is whether it comes with toe straps or not. A full upgrade should include both, because the Burton hardware is where most are looking for as well.


According the the helpful lady at EVO, it is only ankle straps and highback. Otherwise obviously I would have went that route, but since I don't want to change the highbacks anyway, I saved 30 bucks and still have both ankle straps upgraded.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  








Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group