Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Official "DEEPER" Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 pm 

Very refreshing take on a snowboard film for sure. Its nice to see snowboarding done in mountains again rather than an abandoned train yard. The human powered aspect was truly awe inspiring.
Travis Rice building a kicker in deep Alaska cracked me up.

My only complaint is that I wish all of the Unplugged sections were included in the disc though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 pm 

WhitePine wrote:
Very refreshing take on a snowboard film for sure. Its nice to see snowboarding done in mountains again rather than an abandoned train yard. The human powered aspect was truly awe inspiring.

My only complaint is that I wish all of the Unplugged sections were included in the disc though.

I got all the Unplugged sections on my disc. When did you order yours? I pre-ordered in September or so, got a two disc set.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:48 pm 

I thought the movie was completely epic, and really well done. The documentary style was really good, and the riding was so epic. I would have loved to see more documentary style even, and I wish the helmet cam shot hadn't cut out right when JJ begins the repel in Chamonix.

Another question I have is that I'd love to know what kind of boots and gear in general the riders were using. I'm really curious if anyone was using mountaineering boots, or hard shell AT boots.

Completely awesome film though, and the stuff in Antarctica was killer!@

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:41 pm 

ehcarley wrote:
WhitePine wrote:

I got all the Unplugged sections on my disc. When did you order yours? I pre-ordered in September or so, got a two disc set.

I ordered the Blu-ray. It only has 9 of the unplugged sections. It's missing the Utah section for example. I remember there were something like 13 on the website.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:12 pm 

WhitePine wrote:
ehcarley wrote:
WhitePine wrote:

I ordered the Blu-ray. It only has 9 of the unplugged sections. It's missing the Utah section for example. I remember there were something like 13 on the website.

The Utah section with Dirksen? or the Hypo coulior one? Come to think of it, I don't have the hypo couloir either.

As far as hard shell/mountaineering boots go, I don't think anyone used them. You could as Tom Burt, he posts on here sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 pm 

WhitePine wrote:

Hehe. I remember seeing "First Descent" about 5 years ago (?) in a theater. It had Farmer, Perata, Rice, Terje, etc. and they were all up in Alaska. Travis and another young buck were building this big kicker, and I think it was Farmer, he looks into the camera and asks, "WTF? Why are we building a kicker in Alaska?" :lol: Think Hanna Teter lost ro sham beaux and hit the jump first. Things did not turn out well for her.

Guess TR just loves to fly. (Have you all seen some of the pics of his upcoming flick, "Flight"? :shock:)

Also, I didn't have any of the Unplugged Section in my "DEEPER" DVD. Bummer! I heart Josh D.