Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BURTON - S-Series 170 SPLITBOARD FOR SALE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:33 am 

Great board, great condition. 2004 edition used for one expedition ( Verbier to Zermatt ) it worked brilliantly and is incredible on piste and turns almost like my Ride 157 but motors as fast as a ferrari. Very good edge hold at fast speed and no chatter,etc so good through crud as the speed and length just cuts through. In meribel later in season I was still using it most days on piste instead of my Ride 157 as speed and control was addictive, plus of course unbeatable in powder and sticks drops.

Burton blurb is :- When you want to self-propel yourself to the pearly-white gates of powder nirvana on the world's best split board, the S-Seriesâ„¢ is the only answer. Developed with Dave Downing and Craig Kelly ( RIP ), the S-Series converts into a pair of touring skis in minutes for quick and easy backcountry access. This board delivers a responsive, stable ride, and the mechanisms are compact and tool-free for quick, reliable conversion. Never buy a lift ticket again.

It's similar colour scheme as picture
( Orange instead of blue on base and burton logo on board..easier for them to find you sticking out of avalanche!). It comes with crampons & skins and I'll quickly run through the procedure as its simple and quick. It can use any standard softbinding and most step in bindings ( yeeuucchh but I've heard make it even quicker to switch ski to board but not my cup o T!). For further pics and info on the great split board life check www.splitboard.com

Based in Berks / Bucks. the board retails new for around £799 and I haven't seen it less than £595 even in a sale so offers around £475.

Selling as wakeboard hip injury means I can't use for 12 + months or more (and need the cash), can still snowboard but gently and no major off piste and the 'uphill skiing motion' knackers my hip even more, but hopefully can get a new one in a couple of years when body and wallet back on track!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:39 am 

snowfunUK wrote:
Great board, great condition. 2004 edition used for one expedition ( Verbier to Zermatt ) it worked brilliantly and is incredible on piste and turns almost like my Ride 157 but motors as fast as a ferrari. Very good edge hold at fast speed and no chatter,etc so good through crud as the speed and length just cuts through. In meribel later in season I was still using it most days on piste instead of my Ride 157 as speed and control was addictive, plus of course unbeatable in powder and sticks drops.

Burton blurb is :- When you want to self-propel yourself to the pearly-white gates of powder nirvana on the world's best split board, the S-Seriesâ„¢ is the only answer. Developed with Dave Downing and Craig Kelly ( RIP ), the S-Series converts into a pair of touring skis in minutes for quick and easy backcountry access. This board delivers a responsive, stable ride, and the mechanisms are compact and tool-free for quick, reliable conversion. Never buy a lift ticket again.

It's similar colour scheme as picture
( Orange instead of blue on base and burton logo on board..easier for them to find you sticking out of avalanche!). It comes with crampons & skins and I'll quickly run through the procedure as its simple and quick. It can use any standard softbinding and most step in bindings ( yeeuucchh but I've heard make it even quicker to switch ski to board but not my cup o T!). For further pics and info on the great split board life check www.splitboard.com

Based in Berks / Bucks. the board retails new for around £799 and I haven't seen it less than £595 even in a sale so offers around £475.

Selling as wakeboard hip injury means I can't use for 12 + months or more (and need the cash), can still snowboard but gently and no major off piste and the 'uphill skiing motion' knackers my hip even more, but hopefully can get a new one in a couple of years when body and wallet back on track!
rt

Post subject: its got a new lower price on ebay!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:32 am 

N/T