Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Burton Interface and Crampons (2 pairs) for sale
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:58 pm 

I have just completed a conversion to the Spark Ignitions and Voile hardware. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6750 so it feels ethically kind of weird to post up offering my Burton stuff for sale. I will just say that as a split newb, I'd rather not go through the learning curve and have to try to accumulate used parts with this obsolete hardware to continue to use it in the future.

I would recommend other people to do the conversion, and hopefully the drawings I posted will make it easier for others to do it, but I could also understand why one wouldn't want to. Namely it was ridiculously expensive and it took about 6-7 hours in the shop plus the design time. So if you are a Burton interface diehard, or don't want to spend a lot of time or money on your old Burton and would rather squeeze a few more tours out of it with Burton interface, it would be much cheaper and easier to buy my parts which are hardly used.

As far as I can tell from seeing other people's older Burton stuff, I think mine are from the last year that they made them (2004?). The guy I bought the board from from assured me he had been through two revisions from Burton on warranty.

This pair likely works as well as any pair of this system. There is a tiny bit of ovalization of the female side of the touring pins but I didn't notice any play when using them. The rest of the hardware is all there and all in undamaged condition.

I would like to keep one set of crampons together with the interface as a package so that if nobody buys them I could still set the board up with the Burton Interface again and keep my Voile stuff for another splitboard. I'm thinking $100 plus shipping for the full interface with crampons and $30 plus shipping for the brand new set of crampons in the bag. I will charge exact shipping from Canada, V5R-5Z5 and will ship anywhere as long as buyer pays shipping. I can accept paypal and unless the buyer is also Canadian, that will be my preferred method of payment.

Here are some photos: