Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Salvaged" 171 Gun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:55 pm 

OK - I consider this board "salvaged". It's showing a little bit of delam on the side. Could be filled in with epoxy possibly to stop further progression (a business card will slip in 1/2" but the "opening" is no bigger than that. Voile was happy to stand behind it and sent me a new board - so don't think you can send it back to them. I figured i'd keep it as a loner board - but to who? So it sit's in my garage. It could be a rock board - actually, it IS a rock board and you'll see a good hit in one of the pics (poorly repaired by yours truly I might add :oops: ) The integrity of the edges appears good though. I feel a little guilty selling it but hell, it's just a couple tanks of gas for my beast and my wife keeps complaining about all the junk in my garage (see, MY garage). I'm sure it has a lot of rides left on it - if you want an extra board to beat on, it would fit the bill. Someone needs to get more use out of this than I am. $200 + shipping
Steve
Attachment:
Gun1.jpg
Attachment:
Gun2.jpg
Attachment:
core.jpg

Post subject: Re: "Salvaged" 171 Gun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:46 pm 

Im interested in the board, check pm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 am 

Kudo's to Voile's customer service...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 am 

I'd say their customer service is legendary - :thumpsup: I doubt anyone on this board would disagree.

Post subject: "Salvaged" 171 Gun - for sale - again
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:03 pm 

OK - had and interested buyer but now board is for sale again. This gun comes with brand new plates and skins that are barely used. Just all the hardware and skins are worth the $200 price. Shipping to Co from Cali was gonna be $50 just to get you calibrated on the shipping cost. This is the cheapest/easiest way to get someone into splittin'. Get it before it's gone :D Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:56 am 

It's GONE....but, i've also got a 165 Kyhber complete set-up that i'm gonna sell cheap too. I'll post it soon. (but it won't be THAT cheap...) Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:31 pm 

Hey Steve, let me know what you have and what you want for it, Im really now getting anxious. I cant use it for a while - i broke my leg and Im casted till Christmas, but in Jan I have a buddy coming out for 2 months who's totally amped on getting off piste, and that in turn is getting me all amped too. 165 is a bit smaller than id like, but im not close minded. There's a guy in town here with a voile 173 that im gonna look at tomorrow but Im really open right now. Thanks!

Eric

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:00 pm 

Well, it's got a dark top sheet and "spirit moon" graphics - i need to get some pics of it. The top sheet is scratched like most splits but it hasn't taken any bad hits - edges and bottom are in good shape. Skins are pretty good too. Thinking about $350 + shipping with all the hardware ofcourse. Regarding the length - you probably know they have some pretty good taper so it's a pretty floaty board - check their web site, they talk about it. I'd say it's equivalent to about 170 but it just rips thru trees. It's a great board but i got a new mojo so it's gonna sit in my garage alot if i don't sell it. Steve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:31 am 

I PM'd ya too, but do you have crampons for it too? Price is right for me, and I was reading about em, sounds to be what Im looking for...