Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help a Brotha Out
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:10 am 

Looking for a used Voile interface and some skins that'll fit a 168. They don't have to be pretty they just have to work. I spent all my lunch money on a new split, even though I'd like shiny new tidbits they are $$$ so I have to go the dirtbag route to make it functional. Any reasonable price would be considered. I'm willing to get them shipped in from wherever but if your in the SL valley I can return the favor in kine......

Thanks in advance....

TheFugitive

Post subject: Re: Help a Brotha Out
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:32 am 

If no one here can help you,i'm not sure if these will fit your splitty,but they may go cheap.The seller may have some other stuff you need as well.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Voile-Split-Decision-Tractor-Skins-142cm-for-Splitboard_W0QQitemZ300268484630QQihZ020QQcategoryZ159155QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:35 am 

Thanks Ausplit! They are over 6 days out so I have a minute to think about them....

I'm about to show my newbness here, and I'm not too proud of it.... :(

I'm getting a 168. These skins are a 142. After the tip hook is in place it seems like there would be a whole lot of base that wouldn't be covered with the skin... Is that how it's supposed to be? My tele friends skins come all the way to the end of his skis, that's what I'm using for a comparison. Anyone care to clear up my confusion?

Thanks again Ausplit!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:57 am 

The seller makes me :puke: "Free your heel, free your mind". And what kind of snowboarder stops snowboarding. :nononno: :wink:

Re the skins, they're at least 3 years old and they will be pretty short on a 168cm as the new ones are 152cm. That's a difference of about 4inches. Probably wont make or break it but on the steep UT skintracks you'll most likely encounter times where you wish you had longer skins.

I know what the Burton proform price is....stop being such a penny pincher. ;)

Check out this page http://splitboard.com/site/ApproachTools.html and use the 20% off discount here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5492

and be done with it! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:22 pm 

I have an extra pair of un-cut skins. I don't really want to sell them but your more than welcome to borrow them 'till you can get some. I'm in the aves.

I might consider trades.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:14 am 

You got me BC, the proform price is unreal. And thanks for the good word on the stick, I've never (Gasp!) owned a Burton board and some of the reviews of the S have been harsh. I'm a penny pincher but out of neccessity. If I can score some skins and an interface on the cheap then I will but brother believe me when I say if it comes down to paying full pop I will be doing it by linking through this wonderful site. It's the least I can do for all the info and stoke I've gleened from SB.com.

Oh and Stagger, you have a PM.